Great, cheap electric screen.

ozz1983

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi, just bought my first screen and am really impressed by it. Got it off ebay for £140 inc postage, for 100" electric screen with remote.

Heres a link to their online shop for anyone who's interested:
http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZexclusiveQ2dhome

They are based in Germany but only took 3 days to arrive and was well packed.
There was a problem with the controll box as something inside had come loose but after emailing them they sent out a new controll box, no questions.

will put up some photos in a while.

HD Ready Screen Material?:rotfl:

If you could post some pics that would be great.

Any curling on the sides?? Vertical waving??

There is a small amount of curling down the bottom but not enough to notice it when there is an image projected onto it. Ye "HD ready material" clever stuff eh.
Found out that my bed sheets are also HD ready :D

I spent a while looking at screens and decided on this one. It obviously isnt as good as a greywolf but I wasnt wanting to spend too much on a screen and this was within my budget. It is far better than projecting on the wall and makes the whole setup look a lot neater.

For a budget electric screen I would recommend giving it a try. I think the company making it can send out a free sample of the screen material too.

Looks very similar to the Sapphire screen I have. The up/down box and remote are exactly the same, bar colour of remote. Case different though. Very good price - can't really complain if did get any slight curling etc, when most electric remote screens start at 3x this price.

Glad to hear there good, i just orderred one this morning before reading this, im pleased you like it :)
hopefulyl i will too

id be interested in if these screens are good? ive been watching my films on the magnolia walls which ive been very happy with.im wondering how much better films will look with a screen.. the prices are very good

Ozz wheres the photos m8, are you still happy with the screen ?

Cheers

Mark

sorry if i sound a bit thick but when it says 100 inches does how is that measured ie is it a diagonal measurement or width.

Thats usually the diagonal measurement of the viewing area (the white area excluding the black borders)

thanks.

one more question over this screen, i have recently purchased the MT 200 projector which seems to have a drop or raise of 65 cm from the lens to the image at the distance i want the image to be.(for a 100 inch viewing picture)

I note the electric screen has a black bar of 50 cms. Therefore the image from the MT 200 is not going to fall sqaurely on the screen if i celing mount it.

I note that the projector can be raised etc but that would then mean i mould need to use some keystone adjustment.

will this have much effect on the quality of my picture

madgames said:
Glad to hear there good, i just orderred one this morning before reading this, im pleased you like it :)
hopefulyl i will too
hi this screen looks good can you post your opinion of it please:)

I purchased the same screen as ozz1983 and have had it for a few weeks now and its great. My old one was a manual saphire screen and I always found the locking mechanism to be a bit on the dodgy side. This electric screen has top and bottom pre sets which the screen hits spot on every time. 4 days to deliver from Germany and when it arrived there was a slight dent on the top of the case. I emailed the company and sent them a photo. He offered a new screen or a HUGE discount. I took the discount as the screen material was perfect. This is a good budget screen and I would highly recommend it.

Don :thumbsup:

Donali said:
I purchased the same screen as ozz1983 and have had it for a few weeks now and its great. My old one was a manual saphire screen and I always found the locking mechanism to be a bit on the dodgy side. This electric screen has top and bottom pre sets which the screen hits spot on every time. 4 days to deliver from Germany and when it arrived there was a slight dent on the top of the case. I emailed the company and sent them a photo. He offered a new screen or a HUGE discount. I took the discount as the screen material was perfect. This is a good budget screen and I would highly recommend it.

Sorry took so long for photos. Heres a few of the screen showing the xbox360 dashboard.
Im still very happy with the screen, the only small problem is a few wrinkles at the bottom, though they were probably my fault as I pulled it down manually when I first got it (the electrics didnt work - easily fixed).

http://www.avforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35410&stc=1&d=1155412646

Heres a couple with the lights on
http://www.avforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35408&stc=1&d=1155412839

http://www.avforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35409&stc=1&d=1155412839

Lights off.
http://www.avforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=35412&stc=1&d=1155412839

Hope these are helpfull (and work, never attached an image in a forum!)

FGEvans1: yes it is the diagonal distance. The screen can be bought in different sizes, look at their ebay shop. I just measured the diagonal image projected on the wall to find the right sized screen.

Attachments

• DSCF0133 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0133 (Small).JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,849
  • DSCF0134.JPG
    DSCF0134.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 1,378
  • DSCF0138.JPG
    DSCF0138.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 2,323
  • DSCF0139.JPG
    DSCF0139.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 747
  • DSCF0140.JPG
    DSCF0140.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,772
Donali said:

don this screen has no bottom bar which helps slightly with weight do you think it might have probs with ripples.thinking about it manual screens need it for a reason so not so important on an electric screen?

Donali said:

:thumbsup: Thanks for the replies guys.

Looks like the next thing on my shopping list, has anyone paid via Credit card without using Paypal ?

Mark

I paid via paypal but I wouldnt worry about paying by credit card. From my experience I would say they are trustworthy and want to make a good name for themselves, they were very happy to replace the broken power box and didnt ask for the old one back. Another person on this post said he got a massive discount because of a bash in the casing.

They also sent me an email to make sure eevrything was ok and asked me to spread the word if I was happy with the screen - which I did and am!

Need to upgrade this old 4.3 screen and think this electric one sounds good.

But on their site they say 100" - 2.2m whereas my tape measure tells me 100" is equal to just over 2.5m?

Any help guys need to order screen tomorrow so any help from those who bought one would be much appreciated.

Thanks

attachment.php

pioneerman said:
don this screen has no bottom bar which helps slightly with weight do you think it might have probs with ripples.thinking about it manual screens need it for a reason so not so important on an electric screen?

My screen does have a weighted 12mm steel bar sewn into the bottom so no ripples.

Don

Ozz or anyone that has these screens, can you confirm the dimensions of the actual case for a 100" 16:9 seems slightly confusing when it seems to say 2x5cm + 2x12cm etc.

Many Thanks

Mark

Hi,if you look at the website:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/100-Electric-...ryZ22610QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

100" seems to be 220cm(white screen area width) +2x5cm(black borders) +2x12cm(black border to case end)=254cm or 100" case(approx).
So to me 100" is the case lenght/width.
White screen area is 220cm(86 5/8" approx) wide,with 5cm black border either side.
Max lenght of screen + case,seems to be(top to bottom):-
Case thickness? + 50cm of black drop(max) + 124cm white screen + prob 5cm of black edge at bottom.Total lenght(max)= 179cm(70 1/2" approx)+ case thickness.
Had nothing to do + going to order one when i can make up mind which screen size to opt for :) :suicide:

Cheers BOB

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Wow, didn't think I had the budget for an electric screen anytime soon; think I'm going to revisit that idea! Time to get out the tape measure again, methinks...:)

Thanks for your reply spuddler. Spoke to the guys in Germany and they confirmed the viewing area for the 100" screen is 2.2m.

So I ordered one last night as this screen seems ideal. They reckon I shall have it within a few days and I will definately post info on how good it is probabably pics too.

Tried to post one of my old screen but the url did not seem to work.

Thanks again to those who spread the news about this screen as my local AV dealer were trying to sell me one for over £1400!!!

lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom