Great, cheap electric screen.

hello tornado.. will be waiting on pics of finished product.. just wondering what projector you have.. im getting the new panasonic pt-ax100e.. as the reviews were excellent.. and can you recommend a projector mount for ceiling.. thanks,,, just noticed your getting projector.. so do you know which one....

hehe

the edging should finnish it off nicely.....

ive decided to dry-line my wall and sink the lcd into it...
and pelmit the top for the screen with 2 downlighters

as the other wall with the PJ on is also dry lined

so will be handy to hide the cables to the pj :)

thanks tornado... dont know if you got the last post.. if not then,, looking forward to seeing it all in its glory.. ye hiding cables to projector will be handy.. nothing worse than cables everywhere... can i ask what projector you have..:smashin:

hello tornado.. will be waiting on pics of finished product.. just wondering what projector you have.. im getting the new panasonic pt-ax100e.. as the reviews were excellent.. and can you recommend a projector mount for ceiling.. thanks,,, just noticed your getting projector.. so do you know which one....

hi jake... i must get my kit list updated :rotfl:

i got a sanyo Z4..

has 11hrs on it now :)

though cant see wot it really can put out as

using it on plain wall.... that has holes in it.....

all wallpaper and artex now stripped :)

i did buy a screen off the trade forum but as it smaller size
then i originally wanted, ive been starring at the wall with size marks on it.
and tried the pj throwing a 2.0m size and 2.2m size pic..

and finerly decided to go for a 2.2m viewing area screen.

the mount i went for VOGEL`S VPW565 Videoprojector Support

worked out at £61 delivered.... stylish too..

thanks tornado... dont know if you got the last post.. if not then,, looking forward to seeing it all in its glory.. ye hiding cables to projector will be handy.. nothing worse than cables everywhere... can i ask what projector you have..:smashin:

yer sure did.... took a tour around the forum threads :smashin:

and watched some tv...

:)

yer once i start il proberly take pics and do a thread in Home cinema diy forum

if ppl want to see....

Sanyo Z4....

bear in mind the bracket hasnt got the 2 covers on it yet...

one covers the screws and others goes on top of the end joint..

white line in pic shows where batten is..

Attachments

• z4.jpg
    z4.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 166
Just to let you guys know that I have taken delivery of the screen...finally. No damage whatsoever. There was slight damage to the box, but the item itself arrived in pristine condition.

I have taken a few pics of the screen in close-up and I will post these up tomorrow.

Jake, sure does look good. I've been planning to cover up my battens with MDF but given the weight of wood and paint finish i'm now considering plasterboard, a coat of finishing and then paint.. BUT i cant get a sheet of plasterboard into my car! how did u or anyone on the forum manage!? Do u live local? fancy giving me a hand? ;)

we couldnt fit in car either so we roughly measured how deep it was goin to be from roof then cut it at the shop with stanley blade...when i say we.. I mean me and mate ( joiner ) did it...

Jagdepp, if you want, you can order plasterboard from wickes. I think they charge about £20 delivery (I cant remember how much exactly) depending on where you live. You can also order from big builders' merchants who will charge similar delivery charges. Expect to pay around £10 for a sheet of plasterboard.

Thanks for the advice guys.. funnily enough i was suggesting to the Mrs that we go to B&Q and i cut the boards with a stanley knife! she thought it'll look very stupid but what the hell..

Yeah, Sunama i dont see the point of paying 20 quid delivery for an item that is valued at 10 quid..

Have decided against MDF now as i've now mounted my pelmet and need to close it off.. its heavy enough as it is and i'm having to screw brackets within the pelmet to the wall and screw the upper part directly onto the ceiling joists for extra strength.. I've screwed the screen using the bracket already on the screen but screwing it upwards means that with the force of gravity it could come out resultng in collossal damage! I'm therefore thinking of bunging some no nails into the hole and screwing it back in so the glue adds some strength! :lesson:

Will post pics.. sorry i've been a lazy git..got some on my moby too.

One thing i've noticed is that the screen has a small amount of curl and isnt very thick at all.. the mechanism also makes a slight noise. .but hey, u pay monkeys u get peanuts.. fortunately for me i have no allergy to nuts ;-)

Thanks for the advice guys.. funnily enough i was suggesting to the Mrs that we go to B&Q and i cut the boards with a stanley knife! she thought it'll look very stupid but what the hell..

i did this at a wickes store near a job i was doing..

i needed some plasterboard. and didnt fancy driving home and back ( 50miles ) to get some out my garage.
so i went into wickes and found a damaged board , the corner was broke..
priced at £2.50 so i got that and a £1 snap off stanley knife.

and in the cark park out side i cut the board up, folded back seats down and put the pieces in my car :)

had a few people looking at me but....... who cares !

:smashin:

HI jagdeepp.. I didnt screw the screen to the roof under the pelmit. I layed an extra couple of 3x2 along from wall to front of pelmit then placed the screen on them.. then put piece of wood behind it to hold it in place.. very sturdy.. only thing i should have also done, was maybe put some padding around end of screen where motor is to dampen the sound when screen is lowering.. but its not hat noisy anyway..

Quick question about power for the screen.
My amp has a switched ac output of 100w at 1A.
I think this should be plenty to power the screen, but what do you folks think?
It would be very handy for the screen to get power when the amp is on, and it would mean that the screen control box is only powered up when needed (instead of keeping it plugged in all the time)

Just to update the above thread....

I connected the screen to the switched socket on my amp (Sony STR-DB940) and it works a treat. The screen now only has power when needed. Saves having to plug it out if it's not being used for a few days!

:clap:

Saw this thread and decided to take a chance and order one of the 2M screens, including delivery to Ireland it cost ~£144.
It arrived today, as they had suggested I opened it up in front of the courier and checked it out, there was a tiny marks on the outer casing (probably not even noticeable from 3 feet away). I contacted them and got a 40 Euro refund, so my 99.9% perfect remote electric screen cost me ~£116 including delivery, I am well chuffed :clap:

Keith

Saw this thread and decided to take a chance and order one of the 2M screens, including delivery to Ireland it cost ~£144.
It arrived today, as they had suggested I opened it up in front of the courier and checked it out, there was a tiny marks on the outer casing (probably not even noticeable from 3 feet away). I contacted them and got a 40 Euro refund, so my 99.9% perfect remote electric screen cost me ~£116 including delivery, I am well chuffed :clap:

Keith

I should have whacked mine with a hammer just to get some sort of refund ;)

After reading the thread I too took the plunge and ordered a screen, 108" for £77 + £39 delivery. Hopefully it will arrive in one piece, can't wait to get it.

This is a great thread with a lot of good advice.

Just ordered mine today, 90" job. £147 inc del and ebays bit, will be nice to use a proper screen after using a roller blind, hope it turns up quickly and in good condition.

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone could help me here:confused:

I got my screen installed yesterday by a couple of guys from an AV store.

The screen is upm, but the screen will not move up or down using the remote.

It goes up and down if you press the buttons on the white bow - but this is a hassle, as I need to get on top of a table to opertate it.

The light is definitely working on the remote, butit doesn't light up the box when I aim it.

I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem in the past, or is there something the installers have missed.

PS, I know this might sound naive, but would changing the battery make a difference, even if the red light is coming on?

Thanks in advance:smashin:

I would suggest you bring the box down a little and try using the remote in very close proximity of that box. Even I find that the remote is very unresponsive. If bringing the box down (from whereever it is currently located) doesnt work, then email the seller and Im sure he will send you another remote control to see if it solves the problem.

Also, how much did those guys charge to put up your screen? Its a pretty simply DIY job, but if they did for free, then no harm done.

Thanks Sunama.

Even when I put the remote right up to the box it still does not work, so unfortunately I don't think moving the box would help.

The guys did a full install of all my AV gear. Plasma on wall, Receiver, DVD Player, Projector, Screen, all Speakers and all cables. It took them 7 hours in total, and cost £250. They left a terrific job and explained everything fully, so well pleased for the money.

Getting my Sky HD installed as we speak, so looking forward to viewing some proper HD tonight.

Try emailing the seller. Inform him of your faulty remote control and he will either send a new remote or if there might be a defective remote sensor he will send that part for you. From the sounds of it you are not a hands-on person, so really you must hope that the new remote control sorts it.

The seller of these screens is very quick on the draw, so when you email him, he should send out the package tomorrow and you should have a new remote by the end of the week.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

As sunama says they are quick, I ordered my screen yesterday afternoon, got an email virtually straightaway confirming order and payment and to my suprise I got a further email 15 - 20 mins later saying sent to dispatch. I thought these guys are on the ball, then about an hour later email arrived saying item will be dispatched at midnight, this was the last thing I expected on a Sunday and today the info page now has a parcel number. If the screen arrives in good condition and is as good as people say then ozz1993 will have certainly done me a big favour starting this thread.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom