Great BB speed

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seeing as I'm one of the first to moan, when Virgin mess it up, I thought it only fair to commend them when they get it right :thumbsup:

Well done for once Virgin :smashin:

you must be the only one getting that speed. mine is lucky if hits 8000kb/s!!! :mad:

Strange isn't it?
I was lucky to get 5Mb when I had 10Mb but now I never get less than about 14Mb.
Fingers crossed that it stays high :smashin:

TV service is crap (imho) however I am getting 19,425 so I cant complain.:thumbsup:

I have been lucky and have had a great service from Telewest / Virgin and this is the icing on the cake

176335450.png

you must be the only one getting that speed. mine is lucky if hits 8000kb/s!!! :mad:

8000kb/s download? Wow that's fast.

Oh and for all those complaining stop using ******* speedtest.net ***.

Seeing as I'm one of the first to moan, when Virgin mess it up, I thought it only fair to commend them when they get it right :thumbsup:

Getting pretty close to that:smashin:

URL=http://www.speedtest.net]
141603585.png
[/URL]

Regards

John.

Getting pretty close to that:smashin:

141603585.png

Regards

John.

This is wat I get with my 20Mb connection:mad:

I really do not know why people pay so much attention to speed tests-Ive been downloading at a solid 2.3mb/s all morning and I just ran a test and it tells me my speed is 12734kbs :rolleyes:

I have yet to find an accurate and reliable speed test.

I really do not know why people pay so much attention to speed tests-Ive been downloading at a solid 2.3mb/s all morning and I just ran a test and it tells me my speed is 12734kbs :rolleyes:

Agreed, I have yet to find a speed test server that gives me over 10meg. Yet I can download from premium news servers in Europe and USA at a constant 2.30mb/s at any time on any day.

I guess its the "mine's bigger/better/faster than yours" syndrome that seems to get a firm hold on so many people these days.

I guess its the "mine's bigger/better/faster than yours" syndrome that seems to get a firm hold on so many people these days.

I actually take that as a bit of an insult :thumbsdow but there you go.

It's nothing to do with being better or faster, it's all about getting what you pay for.
I can show you all my results.
They consistently show that when I was on 10 Mb, I was getting 5Mb.
Now I'm on 20, I get at least 15Mb and sometimes maximum speeds.
These are readings taken since christmas, so do have a bearing, IMO.

I was merely cheering VM for actually getting something right.

Maybe I'm one of the 'lucky ones', I don't know.
But I have ALWAYS had top speed. Mind you, I can only confirm this when I am downloading from Giganews News Server. Always maxes out at just over 20Mb!
Not saying any more as I'll probably jinx myself!! :suicide:

As a one off, you never will and you should know that.

But taken over a longish period you can get a trend, IMO.

Mines 20mb/s service is great:-

and thats without any throttling!!

What d/l sites are good for fast d/l'ing? A few FTP's I ahve used have given some blistering speeds.

What d/l sites are good for fast d/l'ing? A few FTP's I ahve used have given some blistering speeds.

Microsoft's www.wmvhd.com offers some nice big downloads from a good server. You may need to set 3 or 4 downloading simultaneously before you staurate your download bandwidth.

Also Tucows.com seems to be recommended a lot by Virgin's staff.

I normally get a good speed, around 2.1-2.3mb/s but all over the weekend i was getting around half that. Not happy but im not going to phone them. That seems to be what they want us to do now they have put a big charge on it.
:thumbsdow

Looks like I finally got my upgrade :clap:

I got this result from speedtest.net

178893819.png

Which shows I got my upload upgrade but download is a little poo.

However, 9 simultaneous downloads from wmvhd.com immediately following the speed test but left to settle for a few minutes and looks more like I'm achieving 15Mbps

A total of 1875kilobyte, 1.875 multiplied by 8 bits to a byte gives 15Mbps

I guess speedtest.net isn't always accurate.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom