greasy marks on matt emulsion

• Thread starter Deleted member 29287
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29287

We have recently painted our bedroom, one wall is fairly dark and there were a few greasy fingermarks on the surface, i tried plain water, soapy water and repainting the offending bits.

however, all of these also left their own marks on the wall.

now i dont fancy painting the WHOLE wall everytime it gets a stain, so, does nayone know how to remove greasy (and by greasy i mean fingerprint or natural oil from the skin) off of Matt walls?

Thanks

Steve

no idea mate but i love your tag line..right up there with "eschew obfuscation"

If the tricks dont work and you obviously are willing to do small touch ups - paint the mark out with gloss paint (the grease wont come through it) and then paint over the gloss with the emulsion.

matt emulsion - didn't he used to be in Bros ? Oh no that was Matt Gloss wasn't it :D

JohnG said:
matt emulsion - didn't he used to be in Bros ? Oh no that was Matt Gloss wasn't it :D

John, is that a queue of coats and taxis I can see behind you? :D

Astaroth said:
If the tricks dont work and you obviously are willing to do small touch ups - paint the mark out with gloss paint (the grease wont come through it) and then paint over the gloss with the emulsion.

No, no - not gloss though the idea is on the right lines. If you use undercoat then you will seal out the grease as Astaroth says and then you will be able to overpaint it. Using gloss will seal in the grease but emulsion, and any other paint, will have trouble sticking to it.

Undercoat is also great for sealing ceilings where you have had watermarks from leakages.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom