GRAW Review Up At IGN

Does indeed look good - 9.2! :smashin: Their closing comments:

IGN said:
Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter is a next-generation game in the fullest sense, whether it's the loaded package of impressive graphics and special effects, the top-notch sound, or the tactically enhanced gameplay. Red Storm's four-plus months of extra time have served the game incredibly well and you can see the difference in the screenshots and you will feel it in the gameplay. It's still Ghost Recon, which is to say it's still a rather acquired taste in first/third-person shooters, but as the series goes, this one is easily the best one yet. You'll be impressed with the stunning single-player game, and when you're done, you'll finally get to play long sessions on Xbox Live with an online game that's fully equipped to deliver a next-gen package. My advice, get this game, or get thee to a nunnery!

For some one like me who doesn't hav LIVE this stillseems well worth getting. I though it was mainly an online game

'From a purely technical angle, the online game doesn't look nearly as good as the offline single-player modes'

Slightly disappointing but to be expected I suppose. Really beginning to wish I wasn't such a stinge and had ordered this from gameplay or somewhere rather than HMV cos the prospect of not having this for the weekend is depressing!

lee_c00per said:
For some one like me who doesn't hav LIVE this stillseems well worth getting. I though it was mainly an online game

For somebody posting a thread up named 'The Ultimate 360 experience' I would I thought Xbox live was an essential. PGR3 is brilliant online & with the likes of FN3 & GRAW here, come on! join the party. ;)

But as i can't get broadband :mad: i have to do the best with what i have got :smashin:

Trust me guys, the single player mode is worth the purchase. It truly is one of the best game experiences I have had in a long time.:thumbsup:

I am saying this and I have only completed 5 levels!!!!

cheers

Jim

lee move house and get broadband!!:rotfl: its unbelieveable, so to was xbox live on original xbox!! but on the 360 its differant class, and PS3 will do well to make their online play as half as good as it!!

I know how good XBox LIVE is as my brother in law has it and i am so jelous.

My plan is to built my gamer tag up BIG time and by the time Microsoft briing out their next console (3-4 years) i will have moved out to an area that has broadband and then just transfer my gamer tag to the new machine and away i go

I didn't think there was anywhere left that couldn't get broadband! Where are you, so I can remember never to move there lol!

michaelT1888 said:
why do some areas of the UK still not have broadband in this day of age

Cos BT are useless :rolleyes:

lee_c00per said:
But as i can't get broadband :mad: i have to do the best with what i have got :smashin:

...& a fine job you're doing! :smashin: See you online in 2010! :devil:

Edit - my brother-in-law lives on a country lane in the middle of nowhere & still has BT broadband.

zAndy1 said:
I didn't think there was anywhere left that couldn't get broadband! Where are you, so I can remember never to move there lol!

I live in the South Directly between Ashford and Canterbury, teo towns which are fully running with broadband. Even the three small villages surrounding us have broadband but we don't as there aren't enough houses to give us braodband, even though we are less then 2 minutes walk from the exchange where they connect the broadband.

It's like a prison here and can't wait to move out, plus i'm glad i am now starting to learn to drive

Douglas C. Perry review! It would be wise to take it with a grain of salt, if you can indeed understand some of his poorly structured paragraphs!

I would like a second opinion from gamespot before I get too giddy! ;)

I got bored of reading it. I WANT TO PLAY IT, NOT READ IT :rotfl:

Does sound good though, shame my consoles broken.

This game destroyed CoD2 when CoD2's Live aspect was exposed :rotfl:

GRAW owns Xbox Live and i will satisfy its thirst by playing for hours non stop:D

This game will be added to my collection(Fight Night lost on a points decision), hopefully it'll be better then Battlefield 2 on PC, would be nice to have a avforums clan :)

michaelT1888 said:
why do some areas of the UK still not have broadband in this day of age

In our tiny north yorkshire village we have a maximum broadband speed of (allegedly) 1Mb, but with this crappy Pipex service we struggle to get half of that. This officially sucks. Affects work too as with higher speeds I could dial into head office in Brum but I have to spend 7-8 hours a day travelling twice a week :mad:

Still, the speed is adequate for gaming so :clap:

For those that have played it! you know that blue line around the screen, on my tv it doesn't completely show like in some screenshots, it actually goes out of the screen, you can barely see it (i can;t see the sides at all i believe)... is this usual or do i have some overscan issues?

lee_c00per said:
I live in the South Directly between Ashford and Canterbury, teo towns which are fully running with broadband. Even the three small villages surrounding us have broadband but we don't as there aren't enough houses to give us braodband, even though we are less then 2 minutes walk from the exchange where they connect the broadband.

It's like a prison here and can't wait to move out, plus i'm glad i am now starting to learn to drive

That sounds strange. If your exchange is broadband equipped and you are so close to it, it doesn't make sense that you can't get ADSL.

Gav

for those of us in work and game sites are blocked can someone copy the review in?? :lease:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom