Graw In Stock At Play.com

rickyroma

just checked my order for both , says "order placed" , never had that before !

That mean my copy is waiting to be sent or ive to wait for the next batch or something ?
:rolleyes:

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
just ordered it. If it doesn't ship by Wednesday I'll cancel it and buy it from Gamestation (I have £50 credit there anyway)

ye ordered placed usually means it is in the first stage of the processing system!! should get them by wedensday!! or thursday at the latest!! yipeee

W1zz

I pre-ordered this from Play.Com on 2 Dec 2005, using the £5 Off Daily Mirror Promotion.
My order too is status 'Order Placed' - Delivery usualy dispatched within 24 hrs.
Total Price £34.99 :D

ye this games will be awesome and if we get it on wednesday then Great!! if play.com have them in there stockroom, there is no way they will keep tham until release date, because the less stuff in a stockroom the better as far as the workers are concerned, so if they have them as they say they do than they will send them!!!!

JamieBee

Is the official release date this Friday ?

Have to get from Game or Gamestation really as I am going to trade in PDZ and a couple of the wife's GBA games :thumbsdow

ye the release date is friday, but when you order off play.com they get them in their stockroom a few days early and they send them out!!! but you cant buy it in shops till friday!! worth the wait tho!!

D

Deleted member 92943

when it says order placed, does that mean you have been charged and the money has taken from your account

internetuser

lee_c00per said:
when it says order placed, does that mean you have been charged and the money has taken from your account
Nope, paid when dispatched, even when packing the money is still in your account you can not cancel.

I have had items packing for 3-4days before....

Dazzyman

Novice Member
Play always get there stock in a few days early to cover the time travel from Jersey (as if you look at there P&P terms it says 3-5working days to arrive in UK). If it doesnt turn up by Wednesday you can always cancel and order from Gameplay Wednesday dinner time with 99p delivery and you would get it next day :D

Tetlee

Distinguished Member
One thing to be aware of with Play, just because they say it's in stock, doesn't mean to say they're going to ship it straight away. A couple of times in the past I've ordered "in stock" games from Play and it's been a few days before they despatch the game, a bit frustrating if you're in a hurry.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
A guy on the other thread said that play won't be shipping until Friday, regardless of what it says on the website.

well i live in Scotland, and play are based in gersey or domething, and i recieve all my goods within 2 days, and its quite far away!!!

richard plumb

Distinguished Member
Tejstar said:
A guy on the other thread said that play won't be shipping until Friday, regardless of what it says on the website.
that sounds odd. Surely they'd want to make sure people get the game as close to release date as possible so as not to lose business.

well i just phoned play and the woman said they have them in stock, and most of the orders are processing, so we should recieve them by the latest friday.

And thats coming from play.com themselves!!

rickyroma

Two thanks in one thread, you're on a roll !

Was going to cancel the play order but ill stick with it.:suicide:

Gonna be a crap weekend if they dont come through !!

AFSTER

just cancelled my hmv and oredered on play

around £15 cheaper on hmv with the vouchers but atleast il get on friday ish

RESiDENT

Novice Member
michaelT1888 said:
well i live in Scotland, and play are based in gersey or domething, and i recieve all my goods within 2 days, and its quite far away!!!
im from dundee m8 and they says it will be shipped on friday

bulletmagnet

why not just order from gameplay?
£39.99 and you will recive the game on thursday?
get all my games from gameplay and every one comes day before release, play.coms delivery is shoddy to say the least and if its posted today it prob wont be here on day of release

RESiDENT said:
im from dundee m8 and they says it will be shipped on friday
Did you phone play and they told you it would be shipped on friday?

Cos i phoned them and they said my order is processing and that i should recieve it by the latest friday!!

I've always got games from Play at least a day early (Halo 2 arrived 3 days early)...fingers crossed.

Gillsfan

Banned
Argghh... what to do.. my order still says "order placed", but I want to be guaranteed this game for friday. Do I stick with play or move over to gameplay?

rss

I believe retailers are only allowed to put the products out on the date of release. As for mail-order I believe they can allow for transit time.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW TV UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
PS5 vs. Xbox Series X: Which Next-Gen Console is Best?
  • By Rik Henderson
  • Published
Black Friday 2020: Best UK deals currently available
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 25th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Top Bottom