GRAW 2 - Preview/Play And Help Thread

Cant comment I tried downloading it yesterday and everytime it went to install after downloading it I got an error message, so I haven't been able to try it!!!! :thumbsdow

Great game the demo was good but probably going to buy it. :smashin:

Spent ages downloading it and gave it a good 1½ hour playtime.
I know demo games are not the finished article but it really was not for me. I found the cover behind a vehicle poor, i only had to aim my reticle at the enemy with no real precision and it cut them down immediately. The overhead camera was a waste of time and the squad members couldnt shoot for toffee !!!Couldn't gel with the controls either- that may be because it clashed with the easier control system of R6V and obviously I've spent more time on that.Tis a shame because I was quite looking forward to this but doubt I'll get it now.:thumbsdow

I found the Demo quite easy actually and i'm never much good at any game, lol. how far has everybody else got before it ended ? I get into the bit where you go through a tunnel/cave but and start taking out numourous enemies, and then it ends ? I think the game will triumph online, where i don't think the overhaed thingy will be used and it will be very tactical and rewarding if you get a good team together.

I really enjoyed GRAW on 360, and the demo is good on PS3, but whats new?

What is different from GRAW to GRAW2?

I'll need something if I'm to buy it.

I found the Demo quite easy actually and i'm never much good at any game, lol. how far has everybody else got before it ended ? I get into the bit where you go through a tunnel/cave but and start taking out numourous enemies, and then it ends ? I think the game will triumph online, where i don't think the overhaed thingy will be used and it will be very tactical and rewarding if you get a good team together.

The game starts an invisible counter when you get to that area so once you reach the part where the helicopter rains bullets on you, the demo will end soon after.

I enjoyed the demo! Taught the graphics were great, alot better thn R6V! I'll be getting this..

regardless of the demo

GRAW 2 is still a fantastic game!

my personal favourite on the 360 - the big issue with the 360 version was the online (multiplayer crashes) ill be very interested to see how the online game works for the ps3 (assuming it is online)

those of you who are on the fence after the demo.. rent the game and try the fulll thing when its out - IMO its worth trying to get into (give it a 2hrs of your time and see how it goes then ) very hard to tell the full extent of the game via the demo

I really enjoyed GRAW on 360, and the demo is good on PS3, but whats new?

What is different from GRAW to GRAW2?

I'll need something if I'm to buy it.

• Improved team AI (one of the biggest problems with the original GRAW
  • Better graphics
  • Larger playing fields
  • Improved multiplayer experience with medics and other classes and weapons
  • completely control AI teammates via 3rd person view - in theory can get the AI to complete a mission for you - one of the 360 achievements is to have the AI do a mission for you
  • control other other AI support - later in the game
  • weapon carrier / and cover - The Mule - bloody useful! (thanks avazz heeh)
  • slightly improved cover system more like R6V
  • time of day effects
  • shorter game though - more focus on multiplayer with 6 co-op campaigns and lots!!! of deathmatch , team modes
  • New UAV (i think thats what its called) allows greater control of the map and scouting

Just downloaded the demo, and my son loves it, and I must admit, he's good on it!!

He's never played any GRAW games and he wants it!!!

He's usally into Medal Oh Honor series.

Is it suitable for a 9yr old?

Just downloaded the demo, and my son loves it, and I must admit, he's good on it!!

He's never played any GRAW games and he wants it!!!

He's usally into Medal Oh Honor series.

Is it suitable for a 9yr old?

No more then Medal Of Honour is but then that is a decision you have to make. It's certainly a different kind of game in that unlike MOH it's a squad based shooter although you have limited control over the rest of the squad. Some people might find this daunting and prefer the gameplay of the MOH series where you only have to worry about one character.

i had it on the 360, but the online bugs and terrible tearing made me take it back, if they have done a good job on the conversion i will probably get it, i have a gamestation credit note burning a hole in my pocket.:devil:

Cannot seem to find any reviews of the PS3 version anywhere?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

i had it on the 360, but the online bugs and terrible tearing made me take it back, if they have done a good job on the conversion i will probably get it, i have a gamestation credit note burning a hole in my pocket.:devil:

get it! get it! get it! :clap:

Did anyone else receive this today? Mine has arrived from game! :cool:

lucky bugger, is anyone online yet ?

Only got a quick peek as I was at home for lunch - yes there were people playing online, I couldn't join a game as they were either all in progress or no-games.

There's also a leaderboard (haven't played the 360 version so this might be the same) but there were 100 people listed in the top 100...

got it today, haven't played it yet though anybody else ? Seems like people aren't that bothered which is shocking to me as its probably one of the best games for the ps3. :eek:

Compared to Rainbow 6 - GRAW2 online is slick. :smashin:

No XMB friends list - which will be a pain in the short term. But a lobby system where you can setup private rooms, search for the game you want to play, comms, clan support, over 40 maps, co-op modes coming out of it's ears and most of all doesn't look like a PS2 game. :thumbsup:

Goodbye R6V - you are the weakest link! :devil:

just bought this today and will be trying it online later if anyone here wants a blast :) get an avf game up and running if there is enough?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom