1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grave of the fireflies 2 disc special edition

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by Gorshin, May 28, 2004.

1. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Found the 2 disc special edition on dvdsoon for just £9.80 ($25 on amazon.com). It's number 193 in imdb top 250 of all time!

Just thought it was worth a mention :laugh:

2. Chibouk

Chibouk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I don't think I paid any more than that for my copy from DVDSoon, and that was a couple of months ago. Plus DVDSoon includes the cost of the postage too.

3. MundoKev

MundoKev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First time I have heard of this title, and it sounds good

And indeed DVD Soon has the title on at $21.98 CAD which converts to under £9

It is on back order though so I will probably have to wait a few weeks

I usually order items through Play or CD WOW and do not have too many problems but this is my first from Canada

As this is my first order with them, is their service OK from your experiences

4. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I haven't used them before but many people rate them highly

5. Chibouk

Chibouk
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    90% of my DVDs nowadays come from DVDSoon. Can't fault them at all. :thumbsup:

6. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Flame on then for dvdsoon. I used to stictly be a cdwow/amazon.com/play man. But now, wow! dvdsoon all the way. Some truly amazing prices!!!!! :)

7. MundoKev

MundoKev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    DVD Soon update ....................

Starting to worry a bit now

Waited 2 days before the original item I ordered was marked up as in "packaging"

Has been in that state for another 2 days as well

I emailed them as I wanted to change some of the details on my contact section of my account but have not had a reply yet (sent it a week ago)

In between this I ordered several more titles 2 of which are on pre order, the rest were showing as in stock, but it all seems very quiet their end

At least with CD-WOW they always inform me if an item is delayed and it only takes a couple of days to arrive from Honk Kong usually

I hope my worries are disproved as obviously cheap prices aren't everything, and customer service does come into play at some point (don't you just hate it when some companies take your money then ignore emails sent to them)

8. MundoKev

MundoKev

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    REALLY starting to worry now

One item has now been in "packaging" for 5 days and the others have been in "pending" for what seems an age, considering all the items bar one were in stock at time of ordering

As they are all on individual order numbers, I cannot imagine what is causing the delay

I hope some of my orders start to move soon or I will have to cancel and try to get my money back, although I understand it takes 21 days for this to occur

Maybe paying that bit extra at CD WOW makes sense, as I have always had a good service from them

Anyone else having similar probs with them at the moment

9. Markmw

Markmw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Personally I wouldn't worry about it. I've never had a problem with DVDSoon - v reliable but generally pretty slow. The only time I emailed them was with my first ever order late last year when the item was pending for 3 weeks. Took a few days to reply but it shipped shortly after that, albeit a month after order.

I'm not sure what their business model is but you can't expect ultra efficient service and quick delivery with very competitive prices (particularly on pre-orders) and free transatlantic shipping.

Also, bear in mind the current thread on CD-Wow delivery issues.