1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphic's which can view DVI and CRT at same time??

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by wynouk, Nov 6, 2002.

1. wynouk

wynouk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Could someone recommend a good graphic's card to buy in the UK to view 2 monitors at the same time.
    I nearly bought the radeom 8500DV but at the last minute I discovered it can only support either 1 CRT monitor and TV out together or 1 DVI and TV out together and not CRT and DVI together so it would be something at that price range or cheeper.

thanks.

:confused:

2. triplebj

triplebj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Radeon 7500 can display on VGA and DVI at the same time. I have no experince with TV-out.

I am surprised that the 8500 is not the same ?

BJ

3. Sgt.Colon

Sgt.Colon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure how much the Radeon was but I do know that something like the Creative Labs Ti4400 can output to 2 monitors. You just need to buy a doggle to enable this. Check out this site, they have plenty or reviews and tests.

http://www.guru3d.com/

:)

4. MonkeyDonkey

MonkeyDonkey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think the 8500 can its the 8500DV that can't because if i'm not mistaken there is only one output, DVI which is changed to VGA via an adapter. You'd have to check though, its been a while since I was looking at these cards.

5. wynouk

wynouk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks so far for the help.
    Has anyone got a radeon 8500DV that can confirm I can't get DVI and CRT at the same time as I would like to get one that I can plug my TFT monitor into the RGB and my Panasonic Projector into the DVI using the DVI to RGB convertor or is there another card type that I can veiw both at the same time.
    :confused:

6. Ken

Ken
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The 9000pro will output dvi and vga at the same time. I am using the supplied dvi-vga converter to feed a crt monitor and the vga to feed my projector.
    Ken