• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

graphics upgrade help & advice please

blakemere

hi all
at the moment i have a radeon x300 in my dimension 5000. but this struggles with games the kids play on it sometimes. i don`t want to pay a great deal out but has anyone got suggestions top make????? i don`t know a great deal about pc`s so please be gentle with me:):). all i know is i have a pci express x16 slot to play with.

Nitropud

Standard Member
Hello blakemere,

Depends on how much you are looking to spend really, you'll always find something in your price range, you must also be realistic and not expect a card for which you paid £20 for to play Crysis at 1920x1200 at maximum detail settings (Full AA + AF) and get constant 60fps (if you do have a card which does this please let me know).

Here are a couple of cards you can look at:

http://www.scan.co.uk/Index.aspx?NT=1-0-17-568,525,296-0

blakemere

cheers for that my friend,i had all but given up on getting a response:D:D. i have just ordered the 256MB NVIDIA 7600GT PCI-E GRAPHICS VIDEO CARD from ebay £35.it`s mainly because the kids play games on my pc and my card couldn`t handle it. didn`t want to have to upgrade anything else like the psu ,and apparently this one needs a 300w psu ,i have a 305 so touch wood all should be ok

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom