• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Graphics Driver keeps crashing

redboy1

When i get chance to get on my pc i normaly play WOT but just recently it keeps knocking off with a quick message saying " Display driver has stopped working, started working again"

Im running a 7950 stock and my temps are pretty low. GPU is around 65c

Last edited:

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Which driver version is it?

drinkturps

Does it happen in any other games? Is it after a certain period of time or is it more random? Anything in your event log? Good choice of game to play btw :smashin:

redboy1

Its the latest non beta one from amd. I'd say it probably happens after about 30mins of gaming time. Can't say if it happens in other games as Wot is all I play, I'm a bit hooked :facepalm:

Miss Chief

Distinguished Member
First thing would be to uninstall the current driver, run the official driver remover thing that I'm sure AMD have on their site (I've been a green user for years, sorry!). Shut down, reseat the graphics card in the slot after giving it a bit of a clean if required, power on, install latest non-beta driver.

GMC79

Distinguished Member
Only time ive had that happen is if go to far on a overclock, Since urs is stock then bit strange.
Like said above just reinstall drivers and a clean wont hurt.
Make sure delete all amd folders from in program files, Restart, install new.

mrbobc

ive had this before, turned out to be a faulty card. sent it back and had no problem getting a new one. although i'd definitely reseat and clean sweep on the drivers.

redboy1

Cheers, I'll give this a go although I did reseat it not so long ago after a spring clean inside my rig.
I did have a good 2/3 hours on it Friday night with no issues so its very intermittent.

holtehero

Distinguished Member
I did have a good 2/3 hours on it Friday night with no issues so its very intermittent.

Check you Power cables are properly seated too if your giving the GPU a spring clean and reseat

I had intermittent driver crashed and reboots and it was one of the power cables wasn't 100% seated correctly

redboy1

Will do, think im just going to do a reinstall soon as i just seem to be little glitches here and there.

Had this a couple of times

Delvey

Distinguished Member
A quick Google search shows that the error code on the bsod is likely a memory problem (though not guaranteed). Maybe worth checking that as well. Run memtest and if that fails try testing each memory module individually

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom