• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Graphics/display corruption - need help

z3usx

Hi

Everytime i play any game on my pc, the computer crashes and the screen goes pixelated/looks like its corrupted. This only happens when i play games.

I have a nvidia 6800gt and a sony mfm-ht75 display in a shuttle sn45gv2 with 1gig ram, 2 hard disks, and the rest. I can play the game for about 10 minutes and then it corrupts but sometimes the screen goes black and the screen shows no signal. The only way to get around this is to turn the pc on and off.

Any ideas, as even games i played before with the same card during summer have the same problemm, so i don;t think its a heat issue. I've got the latest nvidia drivers installed as well.

any help is much appreciated

clockworks

It does sound like a heat problem. Are all the fans working properly? Maybe you could try running the PC with the cover off, and a desk fan blowing over the graphics card, to see if that works OK.

z3usx

Tried what you said - still crashed with case off. Then got a fan and tried the same thing - no crash after about 30 mins of game play.

Took the fan away after a while and tried playing a game, still no peoblem, put the cover back on and so far no problems.

Maybe it was full of dust and the fan clened it up a bit, although the fan on my 6800gt doesn't feel like its blowing too much.

hopefully it will stay like this, as i used my pc throughout summer and it was fine.
thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom