• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Graphics card

vickip

Standard Member
I am probably going to buy a new PC in the next few days. I am looking at two from PC World the specs are as follows:

PHILIPS LS1600
Intel Pentium 4 630 Processor.
1024 MB DDR Ram
200GB Hard Disk Drive
Dual Layer DVD ReWriter Drive
128MB ATI X300SE Graphics
Wireless Network Ready

Packard Bell Imedia 2559 M
Intel Pentium D 805 Processor
1024 MB DDr Ram
160 GB Hard Disk Drive
Multi-Formate Dual Layer DVD RW Drive
256 MB Nvidia GeForce 6200 LE Graphics

I am playing to use it to play back my Vidio Camera films and put them onto DVD as well as the normal staff, I don't really play games.

Some help would be appreciated.

Thanks

VickiP

S

scotty82

Hi Vicki

What are the prices fo the two machines. I am not a fan of Packard bell you see, however it does appear to have a better spec for video work. If the price difference allows, you may be able to strike a deal with the phillips machine for an upgraded graphics card to the 256 model?

Let me know your budget, and I may be able to point you in another - more specific direction, as PC world etc make generic machines, not always ideal for media work.

Rgds

Scotty

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom