1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

graphics card with hdmi out?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by stuartam_81, Jun 19, 2005.

1. stuartam_81

stuartam_81
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know of a graphics card that has a hdmi output?

best regards

2. Big Adam

Big Adam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    There isn't one. And don't bother waiting for one to appear either. :lesson:

3. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i would strongly disagree, with high def forming the future and htpc becoming very popular we will see hdmi cards in the not so distant future. i know nvidia/ati dont have any in the pipeline yet but we will see them within 2 years id say.

do remember that the digital dvi connection like the 2 on my 6800 does give an excellent picture from dvi-hdmi input on hdtv's. i think the only thing it lacks is it doesnt carry the 5.1 audio signal like hdmi will, and therefore a hdmi card would have to be a contribution from say creative/nvidia together.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    WHy HDMI when HDMI is just DVi-D with SOUND....which you wont get from GFX card!!!!!
    There are loads of good DVi-D card that support HD outputs (and more HDMI standard is too limiting or outputs for PC use) out there

5. stuartam_81

stuartam_81
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the reason i wanted one is because i have a graphics card that supports HD res's and am using a DVI to HDMI cable and i am getting small abnormalities in picture.

i have been told this is because my screen was never intended for connecting to a computer ( via dvi - hdmi ) so i wanted to see if there was an aldernative than having to buy a new cable ( £75~£100 ) i am also assuming that i can use the dvi to vga converter that came with my graphics card other wise i will have to get another one.

also it does mean taking the screen off the wall yet again and thats a pain in the ass....

thanks for the replys

best regards

6. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    thats because the PLasmas HDMI input is only designed for spoecific inputs, you need to get a GFX card that can match them, are you using latest drivers? POwerstrip?