Graphics card to assist Compro Videomate s350 DVB-S

TADJ

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello

I'm trying to set up a media pc and am having a few issues with my compro videomate s350 video card.

I've seen this thread were Fuddman was having similar issues with a low spec machine Pci card - Compro VideoMate S350 - AVForums.com

I'm having very similar problems to him in that HD channels are jerky no matter which DVB player I use and my CPU (P4 2.7 Ghz) is running at 100% (although DVB Viewer works best for me as it allows use of CoreAVC codec).

I have an HP D330, so its using onboard intel 865G chipset with Extreme Graphics 2 and is struggling. My motherboard only has AGP (x8) and standard PCI sockets.

What sort of graphics card am I going to need to output HD properly and how do I set up the DVB player to use the graphics card for processing not just the CPU?

I was thinking of buying a PowerColor Radeon HD 2400 PRO 256MB PCI card, will this do the trick?

Any assistance greatly received. :lease:

Go for an AGP card over PCI. I remember reading somewhere that the PCI versions of these cards do not support h.264 acceleration.

Did you have any further luck sourcing a suitable graphics card? I have the same issue when viewing HD channels.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom