Graphics card repair

Agracing247

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm having trouble getting a display out of my graphics card with hdmi. I recently took it apart for travel & after putting it together all lights&all fans work (even the graphics cards) but no display. I took the gpu out and connected the hdmi to the motherboard and it worked. I switched the gpu slot & it still didn't work so I'm thinking its the gpu. Any ideas on how to test and repair the gpu? I have a tuf gaming z390 plus wifi motherboard & asus geforce dual gtx1650 04G.

It should work, power down completely, re insert card and make it is fully pushed all the was down into the slot so it clicks into place and lock it off with any latch, make sure any ancillary 6 pin power lead is connected if needed. start pc up again and wait 5 mins. if no luck power it down completely again, wait 5 mins and power up again an wait another 5 mins, if screen is still black check setting in BIOS that the card is being seen. Make sure you didn't run any driver removal utilities before putting the card back in or it wont work, some of these utilities remove the basic vga driver and when that happens no other cards will work until you re-load the driver from windows install disk.

You said you "connected the hdmi to the motherboard and it worked"

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom