• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Graphics card refresh rate issue.

gop

Established Member
Hi folks,

I'm kinda stumped here. I have an AMD Radeon R7 360 gpu (latest drivers/software), which is connected to a denon 2300w avr, which is then connected to a samsung 55inch 4k HDR10+ (1900 pqi) TV. My problem is that my comp (windows 8.1 64bit), doesn't seem to recognise the refresh rate of the new 4k tv.

When I put the screen resolution at 1920/1080, the monitor properties allows me to go to 59hertz, when I change the resolution to 4k, I can only go to 30 hertz. I'm confused as to why this is so low for a tv with a high refresh rate. My older samsung 50 inch led tv could go to 60 hertz, according to the monitor properties.

What am I missing? The denon can upscale to 4k, yet this makes no difference to the refresh rate, whether it's on or off.

At present I can't use the 4k resolution as the refresh rate drops to 30hertz making the picture verry choppy.

Thanks in advance,

G

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom