1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Card Opinions PLEASE!

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Michael_Hunt, Dec 9, 2002.

1. Michael_Hunt

Michael_Hunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I am looking at buying another graphics card and seem to have been drawn to this http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=1226 it's in my budget which is £150. What I was wondering is there anything else you'd look at around this price. I don't want to spend any more with Christmas coming. Also the card will not be used in my HCPC. This will be just for gaming.
    Ceers Folks

2. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,108
    You could look at the Abit OTES Ti 4200. This card can be clocked to greater than Ti4600 speeds and performs far better than it all for 120 quid (from www.Komplett.co.uk).

There is a catch a) it makes quite a bit of noise b) it requires the adjacent PCI slot to be empty. Worth a look for performance on a budget.

3. Michael_Hunt

Michael_Hunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    If you read review from above link it says this also is easy to overclock and can run at Ti4600 speeds. Also says cooling is quiet.

4. Michael_Hunt

Michael_Hunt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    After hours of reading all your replies :D I decided to buy my original choice. Before installing my new card I used Mad Onions 3D Mark to benchmark my old card which was Geforce 2 200mx 64mb and got a 3D mark of 1333. Then after installing my new card Geforce 4 Ti4200p 128mb. I tested again and got 3D mark of 8715 :eek: and that is straight from box. It comes with software to overclock the card. Does anyone else use 3D mark come let me see those scores.