Graphics Card Help

G

Gavin Oliver

Hi All,

I am looking for a ATI based graphics card with the following spec and would be interested to hear what the Forum thinks would foot the bill.
I am not into gaming and will be using mainly to connect to HDTV to view DVD's and record using a Nebula DigiTV card.

ATI chipset 9600
Passive cooling
128MB
AGP
DVI
TV out
Support for 2 Monitors
+ possibly component video adapter included.

Gavin

Come on Guys is no one using ATI chipset 9600 without fans. How do they perform?

I have seen a couple of threads on here. I think the Saphire 9600Pro was mentioned, but I couldn't be sure.

There are definately a few on the market without fans, and if you're just using it for DVD playback then I think any except the SE model are more than adequate.

I've just swapped to nVidia as TheaterTek v2.0 will use nVidia decoders and people on the TT forum claim that the FX5700ULTRA will give benefits, but at the moment I'm having a nightmare with it so I can't recoment nVidia at all until I get a fix.

Thanks

Nick

Buy the 9600pro

But Artic VGA silencer (£10 Pcworld) - yes it has a fan, but even on max you can hardly hear it. Best £10 I ever spent on my PC.

3Dconnect and sapphire 9600pros are both fanless..

I've got the 3Dconnect and often run the PC for up to 10 hours continous without any problems..

a 9600pro is more than good enough for DVD playback in my experience, and still pretty nifty with games too at 1024x768..

Gavin Oliver said:
ATI chipset 9600
Passive cooling
128MB
AGP
DVI
TV out
Support for 2 Monitors
+ possibly component video adapter included.
My Sapphire 9600 does all that.
They're about £65 new.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom