• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Graphics Card for under £80 (single-slot)

muddyfox470

Ok Guys.

I got an X1900GT with HDCP and was nice and quiet and cool, however it was fussy and didn't like my motherboard at all. So have had to get rid of it.

So I'm looking for a graphics card that is single slot, quiet (which unfortunately rules out 8800GS), and has full HDCP support and ideally onboard HDMI processing (so I can use a DVI-HDMI adapter), i.e. onboard cheapo sound unit so I can link it to my TV via HDMI cable :rolleyes:

Single slot and Quiet are my main priorities as I've got a fairly good pc set-up at the moment in my SFF case.

My monitor is a 22inch 1680x1050 jobby, and I will be using it for gaming (I like everything turned on full at the max. resolution) but only play Steam, BF2, BF2142, IL2:Stumovich and will be using it for HD DVD playback, so if it takes the load off my CPU then thats a good thing :juggle:

PC atm (ignore sig)
E4500 @ 2.5Ghz
2Gb PC6400 RAM
Abit N73HD Motherboard (onboard HDMI)
Hiper Type-R 580W PSU

I don't mind waiting a bit, I know the 8800GS are stonking value for the price but they are a bit noisy from what I have read. I did have a 8800GT for a brief time and although it was a bit too expensive and over powered for me at the time, it did run cool and quiet :) (again single slot)

Cheers :bowdown:

PS. I ideally want to spend less but want something on par with or better than an X1900

namuk

Distinguished Member
Ok Guys.

I got an X1900GT with HDCP and was nice and quiet and cool, however it was fussy and didn't like my motherboard at all. So have had to get rid of it.

So I'm looking for a graphics card that is single slot, quiet (which unfortunately rules out 8800GS), and has full HDCP support and ideally onboard HDMI processing (so I can use a DVI-HDMI adapter), i.e. onboard cheapo sound unit so I can link it to my TV via HDMI cable :rolleyes:

Single slot and Quiet are my main priorities as I've got a fairly good pc set-up at the moment in my SFF case.

My monitor is a 22inch 1680x1050 jobby, and I will be using it for gaming (I like everything turned on full at the max. resolution) but only play Steam, BF2, BF2142, IL2:Stumovich and will be using it for HD DVD playback, so if it takes the load off my CPU then thats a good thing :juggle:

PC atm (ignore sig)
E4500 @ 2.5Ghz
2Gb PC6400 RAM
Abit N73HD Motherboard (onboard HDMI)
Hiper Type-R 580W PSU

I don't mind waiting a bit, I know the 8800GS are stonking value for the price but they are a bit noisy from what I have read. I did have a 8800GT for a brief time and although it was a bit too expensive and over powered for me at the time, it did run cool and quiet :) (again single slot)

Cheers :bowdown:

PS. I ideally want to spend less but want something on par with or better than an X1900

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-034-GI&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1008

or

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=772608

sorry mate last is duel slot

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom