• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Graphics card advice.

sancho1983

I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and find it amazing, unfortunately it's sometimes a bit slow with the 'Aero'. Also the other day I was watching an AVI file on VLC and also surfing the web, this made the video skip and be unwatch/listenable. It also won't play some HD video I have.

All this leads me to wanting a new graphics card!!

Currently I use the built in graphics on the motherboard i have (spec here)

According to the Windows Experience Index my graphics is 2.0 and gaming graphics 3.0, everything else is 5 or over, in the advanced section it gives me this information

Graphics

Display adapter type VIA Chrome9 HC IGP Family WDDM
Total available graphics memory 260 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 128 MB
Dedicated system memory 8 MB
Shared system memory 124 MB
Display adapter driver version 7.14.14.50
Primary monitor resolution 1280x1024
DirectX version DirectX 9.0 or better

Basically i am looking for something to replace this, I'm not interested in playing games particularly, just to make windows run a bit smoother, and play HD content.

As a budget I would say as cheap as possible, ideally under £25

Thanks if anyone can help :thumbsup:

broona

For around £30, I'd recommend an Ati 4350 or 3450, or an Nvidia 9400GT, have a look in the computer classifieds on here, there's usually something floating around in there. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom