Graphical tearing on 360 games

A

anakin373

So far have noticed it on Ghost Recon and to a greater extent on Perfect Dark. Are there any others that people are aware of?

Also what's the cause? (and hopefully are there any settings that might minimise it). BTW I'm usinga Panny PX60 but the problem is widley reported on LCD and CRT.

I have noticed this too, Blazing Angels is another title that has a lot of screen tearing. In my opinion i think it is down to lazy programming of the games.

It's leaving v-sync off, isn't it, to help the frame-rate? Read: lazy programming.

The Blazing Angels demo was pretty horrible for it, but I haven't seen too much in other games.

runam0k said:
It's leaving v-sync off, isn't it, to help the frame-rate? Read: lazy programming.
Thats correct. Leaving the v-sync off means the machine does not wait for the next vertical refresh which in turn means the fps(frames per second) of the game will be slightly higher. You will find this option in most pc games to enable the user to choose if this option is desired or not.

Markoos said:
The Blazing Angels demo was pretty horrible for it, but I haven't seen too much in other games.

The demo now appears to have gone from the marketplace - do you think that was why ?(havent seen the game running myself)

The demo is still up on Marketplace.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom