Graphical Lettering

Garrett

Reaction score
I’m trying to get some large lettering in a graphic program to get narrow into the distance (like perspective) I have Adobe Photoshop. Can I do it with this program, Windows, or anything I can download of the net.

in photoshop

you need to rastersize the layer - then that gives you the option to edit>transform> perspective.

edit - tried to add an example - failed :(

The standard term for this is a 2d cornerpin type transformation.
However an alternative way would be to get your text stick it to a plane in a 3d package and rotate the bugger about the x axis relative to the camera.

You going for that star wars scrolling prologue kinda thing ?

Thanks I got it, the only thing, now I’ve done that I want to add some depth to the lettering to make them look 3D eg on 20th Century Fox.

Mr D the effect I was after and got w a s like that but up at an angle.

Originally posted by Garrett
Thanks I got it, the only thing, now I’ve done that I want to add some depth to the lettering to make them look 3D eg on 20th Century Fox.

A bit trickier in Photoshop. you can add Emboss on the text (double click on the layer> select emboss) but this will only add some highlights on the text.

for real "blockbuster" type text - your gonna need a tool to do that then open in photoshop.

ulead cool 3d is a good one - Ulead cool 3d samples

It looks like it does animation too - trial is 3 days.

Zef

Or if you want to get a bit more serious about it (and avoid that nasty Powerpoint presentaion look) download a copy of Maya . You can either pay about £2k or go for the free one ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom