GRAPHIC CARD FOR 4K TV

templer

Hi guys,

I bought a 4K TV (Samsung UE40HU6900UXXU) and I thought I would be able to use it also with my PC to watch photos in 4K but in the manual I’ve read that the maximum recommended resolution to use with PC is 1080p. Does it mean I can’t use it as a 4K monitor?

Here you can read the response I’ve received from Samsung:

“I would like to inform you that the optimal resolution for computers connected to the TV via an HDMI cable is 1920 x 1080. If you select another resolution, the TV may not display 3D images correctly and may not be able to display the computer video in full screen. So you may choose to select a higher resolution but I cannot guarantee it will be able to display the computer video in full screen.”

It seems they are not sure… I think they should have tested this option…

I am thinking about upgrading my graphic card to 4K as now I have only 1080p resolution but if it may not display images correctly then there is no point of changing it?

Below you will find info about my PC:

AMD Athlon™ II X2 215 Dual Core Processor AM3 (2.7GHz, 1MB Cache)

ASUS M4A78-VM IN/SI Mainboard, (AM3/AM2+) with integrated HDMI/DVI/VGA Graphics - MATX

4GB 800MHz Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM - (2x 2GB)

500GB Serial ATA Hard Drive with 16MB Buffer

512MB ATI Radeon HD4350 (Direct X10.1, PCI Express 2.0) - PC Pro Best Value

Would this card be good to try?:

XFX Radeon R7 250 Core Edition D5 1GB Silent HDMI 4K UHD Graphic Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom