Answered Granite slab, what feet do you use for the sub?

Those with granite/marble slabs for their subs to sit on what feet do you use for the sub?

• Spikes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Rubber

• Stock feet for DF models

• Isolation feet such as the SVS ones

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Bone9

I've just had some custom made 30mm granite bases made for my monolith+ DF.

Those with granite/marble slabs for their subs to sit on what feet do you use for the sub?

Spikes,
Rubber,
Stock feet for DF models,
Isolation feet such as the SVS ones?

The slab will be sitting directly on carpet.

DodgeTheViper

I suspect people would leave the original feet attached to the sub. I know I did when I bothered with isolation platforms.

Bone9

I suspect people would leave the original feet attached to the sub. I know I did when I bothered with isolation platforms.
Yes but the original feet have m8 threads in them for spikes etc. The feet would stay, you would just add to them.

DodgeTheViper

Why are you changing the feet on the sub to sit it on a granite slab ?

Bone9

Why are you changing the feet on the sub to sit it on a granite slab ?
There are various different feet available and I wanted to know what was best for use with granite.

Derek S-H

Distinguished Member
I think Sub stability can only become an issue if it moves off the granite slab during use!

Most Subs are very heavy and an absolute pain to physically get into position, if they're level and stable then I don't think adding extra feet makes any difference to the sound whatsoever.

For example, my Sub comes with four screw-on feet. These feet have rubber pads already attached as well as threads for attaching spikes (and extra spikes in the box). The user manual suggested just using the screw-on feet on a hard surface (like a granite slab), or using the spikes for carpet.

What you're suggesting is overkill and unnecessary IMO, but if you think it'll make a difference go ahead. A set of four spikes and accompanying spike shoes will hardly break the bank anyway.

Bone9

Great, i'll just stick with the standard feet. Cheers guys :)

DodgeTheViper

Some will switch the standard feet for spikes for aesthetic reasons - looks nicer. There will be no performance gains, it's just the look, some prefer it.

Bone9

Derek S-H

Distinguished Member
OP - I know your query has already been answered (by me!:D), but did you get a good price on your custom made granite slabs?

If so, then maybe provide a link for anyone else who's read this Thread and also thinking of getting some?

I got mine thanks to a link on here - some low price sample granite tiles from a kitchen floor supplier! They were so cheap I bought two! Just can't remember the name of them anymore....:blush:

Bone9

OP - I know your query has already been answered (by me!:D), but did you get a good price on your custom made granite slabs?

If so, then maybe provide a link for anyone else who's read this Thread and also thinking of getting some?

I got mine thanks to a link on here - some low price sample granite tiles from a kitchen floor supplier! They were so cheap I bought two! Just can't remember the name of them anymore....:blush:
I did get it cheap yes. 30mm granite worktop cut to the exact size of the monolith with 1/4 rounded top and corner edges so it matches. This was a one off really from some offcut's so I can't help others out. ATM.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom