1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grandview screens

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Bristol Pete, Mar 1, 2003.

1. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    Anyone here familiar with the grandview screens available at

www.intoav.com

they are supposed to be very good da-lite copies.

Just wondering if anyone owns or has demoed a grandview could give me thier opinion on the electric or manual pulldown.

Thanks,

captain benefit.

2. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Just ordered an electric Grandview from www.direkt2u.co.uk
    If you can wait a couple of weeks I'll let you know what I think when I get it.

Regards,
    Ian Guinan

3. Bristol Pete

Bristol Pete

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +321
    That would be great.

What projector are you using as well?

Private message me if you like or find this thread in a couple of weeks.

Best wishes,

Captain benefit.

4. AndrewJ

AndrewJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got one - manual 92" diagonal 16x9 - with a PTAE100. From direkt2u - Excellent image, easy to use - feels very good quality(mechanism etc). One nice thing I like is the roller housing is very slimline - so doesn't stick out like a sore thumb when rolled up! Very wife friendly!

5. ashbash

ashbash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have got the Grandview manual pull-down 16:9 80" wide from www.ivojo.co.uk and I am happy with it. I can't compare it with anything else though, as I didn't try anything else.

When it arrived, the metal bar at the bottom of the screen was slightly pushed into the screen housing at one end, and was stuck (ie it had gone back inside the housing when it should be outside). But I pulled it out and it was fine. I guess it was pushed in during transit/delivery.

One slight issue I have I suppose is that the white case tends to reflect any stray light too much. A back case would be better as it wouldn't reflect any stray light.

You have to return it quite fast though, or it stops. I suppose they are all like this, unless CSR (controlled screen return). I couldn't see the point to this before, but I can see now that CSR would be useful, but still hardly justifies the premium on the Da-Lite screens (if you can find it in the UK anyhow).

Electric adjustable masking top, bottom, left and right would be nice too (more useful than electric screen itself IMO, due to varying aspect ratios on DVDs). But you don't get that in anything like the same price range. :-(

Ashley

6. ian_guinan

ian_guinan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Just got my 80" electric Grandview.

Sturdy construction..heavier gauge steel than my old Dalite model B. Otherwise very similar design..you can tell where they got their 'inspiration'.

Screen material is very heavy duty, but does have some slight edge curl. I'm leaving it down overnight to see if this settles out...till I can afford a tab tenson screen I think I'll have to live with a small degree of curl.

Would recommend these screens from what I've seen so far. Now comes the fun of istalling the electrics and the IR remote....

Regards,
    Ian Guinan