1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grandview electric screen, confused!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by zAndy1, Nov 29, 2003.

1. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,959
    Hi all,
    Can anyone with a grandview electric screen please enlighten me on something. The screen has a switch on the power cable for up/down, ok fair enough. How do you hide that switch?! With the position it is on the cable it would be half way down my living room wall, when the screen is up it will look stupid! Also I've got the IR remote for it and that has a box that you connect to the screen power cable and attach the box to the wall, again same problem, the box will be half way down my living room wall! Am I being stupid here or how do you get round this 'problem'?

Cheers,
    Andy.

2. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,959
    Ok, think the idea is to run the screen power cable up into the bedroom above instead of down the living room wall. That should solve this little dilemma. Thanks to Walter from direkt2u for that brainwave which I never thought of!

Cheers,
    Andy.

3. Gavin_Hall

Gavin_Hall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I've got the same screen from Direkt2u. With the remote you basically have to cut the cable to remove the switch, the remote unit then attaches to the cable. I've run the cut cable up into the bedroom above the screen, then attached the remote control master box which is then hidden away in between the joists. The remote control receiving unit is a little white box, about 1inch square, this sits next to the screen.

Walter really does help out if you have problems.

All in all a very nice setup :D

4. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,959
    Yeah, sounds like exactly what I'm going to get done, sounds like a nice neat solution.

Cheers,
    Andy.