~ GRANDIA 3 ~ A Gem of a game

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by KILLER NADS, Mar 23, 2006.

1. KILLER NADS

KILLER NADS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    This is one game that every RPG fan should purchase!! :smashin:

Its completly awsome, ive never been pulled into an rpg as much as i did with this game! ;)

Firstly its the awsome story and thrilling ingame cutscenese that are just totally awsome! Ive never seen cut scenes being soo much fun, it also has lovely humour aswell as very good voice acting.

The story i must say is awsome, this is partly due to the cut scenes, there are plenty of them but still even then you wish there was more, this game draws you into playing more just so that you can get to the next cut scene to see what will happen next!

Apart from this the other BEST thing about the game is that its Battle system is totally awsome! OH my god last night i done a 3 man combo special on a enemy it was totally awsome, the first one uppercut the enemy into the air to cancel enemies attack, then the second one jumped up and done a 12 hit kick combo and then the 3rd guy jumped up and speared the enemy to the ground killing him instantly. :cool:
    There is plenty of new actions i am finding in the game every time i fight. The magic though is a bit poor as its on the weak side compared with the fighting so far:( , but the special moves that you get are much better and they use SP instead of ur MP.

Also there is no random battles witch adds to the games depth greatly!!:D

Graphics are a bit of a mixed bag!
    The graphics for the levels and environments is fantastic but the models are very basic almost like the earlier final fantasy games.

I have to admit though im only 6hours into the game, but each of those hours has been very memorable and worth the purchase of the game itself!

Its a huge huge improvement over Grandia Extreme.

I have no idea why the reviews for this game on IGN where just above average, i feel its a must have game for everyone!!
    But IGN did say that after 6hours its not as good, but i think the first 6hours were more then enough for me and more enjoyable hours i spent then most other games.

My Rating: 9/10 :smashin:

Definetly give it a go! Highly Recommended.

:thumbsup:

2. drskhaled

drskhaled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    this one must have slipped my radar, is it out in th uk? The first grandia (on saturn then ps1) was awesome, couldnt finish grandia 2 as my DC packed up. I shall keep an eye out for it.

3. KILLER NADS

KILLER NADS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I DONT THINK ITS RELEASED IN UK YET,

i think i have the USA version.

4. drskhaled

drskhaled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    thank goodness what with oblivion out tomorrow, i would not have the time for iot right now anyway.

5. Sarah Nya

Sarah Nya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want....

Only problem is I'm slogging my way through Dragon Quest 8 and I'm finding it quite tough (lots of leveling).

Will definately be next on my list along with Shadow Hearts 3!

6. KILLER NADS

KILLER NADS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    I gave shadow hearts a miss didnt sound very impressive but then again some of those games that dont sound impressive turn out to be the best! Take Grandia 3 for example!

Im quite far with Dragonquest8, chars are on lvl 16. I just got the the fourth character to join my party which seems to be the last one as there are only 4 slots for chars on menu?
    The game is really getting interesting but i didnt really like the difficulty level its really tough, this is only due to the stupid idea of putting in no save points or recover points in the game, the only way to save is to make ur way down to a church, i really hate this idea, would prefer to find save points though out the world especially in dungeons. Cause if u die its all from the town again!!!
    The game also has hours and hours of random battles which u need to go though to build ur chars to fight the strong enemies! But the game is seeming to get easier now because of having 4 chars!

Neverthe less its still an awsome game with a good story and acting, but i prefer Grandia 3 to tell you the truth to this one, and would not class DQ8 as a perfect game like what IGN and other websites said in reviews!

Also another game im playing is Tales of Lagendia, i have mixed feelings about this yet as ive only played it for about 1 hour and did enjoy it but could have been muc better, anyway in the review they all said this game really starts after about 6-9 hours into the game! So i will continue playing this aswelll soon,
    but at the moment its Grandia3 all the way along with DQ8.

7. Sarah Nya

Sarah Nya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I will definately get Grandia after I finish with DQ8. If you think this is hard you should check out Shin Megami if you haven't already, however it does at least have save points. Don't you just hate the church music when you save your game...

You ought to give Shadow Hearts a try, it's dirt cheap now anyway so you have no excuse!

I still have to get Xenosaga 2 as well, it's never ending.

8. Nadim

Nadim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeh u are right there are way too many rpgs to play, and they all released at once!!

Xeno2 is awsome game and the cutscenes are hilarious and action packed! Even though the story doesnt make much sence to me :(

DQ8 is hard and that hardness in the game puts me off for wanting to play it even more :( yeh and i really do hate the music in church ;)

9. Sarah Nya

Sarah Nya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well it was my day off yesterday and I spent more time leveling up than actually getting anywhere in the game.

Very tempted to get a codebreaker at this point, I'm only resisting because I have no self control with those things and I'll end up ruining the game :(

10. KILLER NADS

KILLER NADS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    LOL thats same as me nearly, i spent a saturday last week just levelling up and very slowly progressing through the story! !!

WHich part are you at now in DQ8? Have you got all the chars with you yet? It does get a lot easier after that! Id advice you not to go and level up until you get all 4 as you will need to do it again after, i just did it once after i got all members and it was very easy after that, i killed the boss for once also without any of my chars dieing :D

11. Sarah Nya

Sarah Nya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm at the part where you have to go back to King Trodes castle to find out how to get the ship running again.

I haven't been totally wiped out yet (except for when I attacked that dragon outside the castle at the start of the game!) but I do have to keep using evac to come out and restore MP and I've had a few close calls where I've had to leg it because a couple of my characters were taken out.

Angelo and Jess are so weak they don't have enough HP!

12. KILLER NADS

KILLER NADS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    i think you are way ahead of me ?

Right now that priest guy just died for me and now im heading off to alexandria or something!

Yeh jessica and Angelo are kinda crap but still they can help out!

Ive been dead atleast 4-5 times but that was mostly at the start when all of a sudden everything is going smoothly and out of the blue you get like 5 really strong enemies who come and wipe you out and u cant even run away!!

Ive lost a grand or 2 because of being wiped out!! :(

13. Sarah Nya

Sarah Nya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not too far ahead of you (well give a few hours for leveling lol), my characters are just starting to hit level 20 now.

I think the only way to beat the loosing money thing is to spend as much of it on the best equipment/herbs, save often and keep monster coins until you actually need the money! There is supposed to be a bank later in the game but I haven't seen it yet :confused:

14. KILLER NADS

KILLER NADS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69

yeh thats wat i do now, didnt know anything about the bank :confused: thanks hope it is there!

Ive stopped playing it now, thanks to elders scroll on the 360 all my other games are starting to suffer big time!

ANyway im going away on holiday tomorow so wont be able to play anything until when im back on end of april!

15. Sarah Nya

Sarah Nya

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    God you're lucky I'm going away 1st of April for a week but I'll be bringing the DS as I just got Tao's Adventure, don't know if I'll have time to play it though.

I got to the bank last night night so there is definately one :D

Ordered Grandia III as well so I can play it when I've finished the pile of games I've got waiting for me at the mo.

Is Elder Scrolls really decent then?