Grand Tourers Series - Wed 7th December, 9pm

Jamezinho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GRAND TOURERS SERIES

Wednesday 7th December, 9pm

GrandTourersSeries.jpg

Welcome to the Grand Tourers Series, a one night event to be contested between the following selection of GT cars:

Make Model Year PI
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione 2007 A562
Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2010 A561
Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport 2010 A561
Ferrari California 2009 A523
Jaguar XKR-S 2009 A524
Maserati GranTurismo S 2010 B481

You may choose one of the above cars to enter.​

Entrants must upgrade their cars to a PI of S700 or just below. ** No storefront tunes please ** As usual with my race nights all cars must be fully upgraded to race spec with the following required upgrades:

REQUIRED UPGRADES:
Race Brakes, Race Suspension, Race Anti-Roll Bars front and rear, Race Roll Cage, Full Race Weight Reduction.

Race Clutch, Race Transmission, Race Driveline, Race Limited Slip Differential.

Tyres - Race.
Tyre Width - Widest available front and rear.

Forza Motorsport Adjustable front and rear wing.

ENGINE UPGRADES:
The engine can be upgraded however you see fit as long as the car stays within the S700 limit.

APPEARANCE MODS:

Wheels and other mods such as bumpers, bonnets and sideskirts can be changed as long as the car stays within the S700 limit. Please note that the Forza Motorsport Adjustable front and rear wings are compulsory upgrades.

Racing liveries, either custom made or from the storefront are encouraged.

LOBBY RESTRICTIONS:

All cars must remain RWD - no drivetrain swaps.

If you're interested in taking part please sign up below.

Last edited:
Drivers:

ALFA ROMEO
- Lightsider74
-
ASTON MARTIN
- Raptor Tempus
-
CHEVROLET
- HotAgee
- Nightwiz
FERRARI
-
-
JAGUAR
- Jamezinho
-
MASERATI
- Missile Truck 2
-

ScottW75
Techpond
Aphex232

Last edited:
I should be okay, I get back from the gym at around 8pm, quick scrambled eggs and then onto the xbox. No idea what car yet.

2 wednesdays in a row might be pushing it with the gf! not sure yet..

Cheers Nick.

What I might do is limit it to two of each car in order to get every model on the grid. We probably won't get more than twelve entrants based on past weeks.

I've tested them all around Hockenheim and the times were within less than a second of each other. They all handle and drive nicely. There's certainly no bad car.

Put me down on the reserves, I'm down the local that night for a beer tasting but might be done by 9 :)

Will go for a maserati, or any other if the need representing.

Last edited:
I'm in please. Will give all the cars a go tomorrow when the wife is out and let you know which i'd like.

Maserati please. Might be a bit slow but I can get it handling something like.

Swop me to the Alfa Jay please. Cant get rid of the understeer in the California :(

I've put all the cars in the club garage for the benefit of AVGT members.

I'm still not sure what I'm driving. The Corvette Grand Sport is very tempting at the moment.

Ill join up Jamezinho if you dont mind :thumbsup: Need to try some of the cars though when i get time.

I take it this is still going ahead on wednesday?

come on folks - get racing! :thumbsup:

I like the maserati but it sometimes feels like the t yres are extremely slippery, it doesn't understeer or oversteer but it does slide around. Will tyre pressure adjustments help? I can't think of any other way.

hi guys, bad news, I'm going to struggle to get online for racing until after the 12th due to lady commitments.

from the 13th though - it is open season :smashin:

I take it this is still going ahead on wednesday?

come on folks - get racing! :thumbsup:

Yep, it is, although I can switch it to Thursday if that will get a better turnout?

Seems as though interest is falling away already.

I like the maserati but it sometimes feels like the t yres are extremely slippery, it doesn't understeer or oversteer but it does slide around. Will tyre pressure adjustments help? I can't think of any other way.

Assuming you've got the racing tyres fitted try increasing the tyre pressures front and back. I think I had them set at 34 front and back when testing. You could also add a bit of downforce and try adding camber at the front.

It is a bit heavier compared to some of the others if I remember right but in testing they all matched up quite closely for times.

hi guys, bad news, I'm going to struggle to get online for racing until after the 12th due to lady commitments.

from the 13th though - it is open season :smashin:

Shall I take you off the list then Matt?

Hey jz Can you put me in for the Chevy please.

:thumbsup:

If you want a tune or paint job for it let me know.

Can you put me as a maybe for wed? im 30 on thurs so its a no go for me.

Yep, sorry mate, I'm out with the family and the Mrs is driving back so would be too cheeky to get her waiting an hour for me to race.

I'm around tonight and tomorrow now though as she has deadlines.

Thursday is the works dinner.

Any night after next Monday I can make though :)

Last edited:
Ok my heart is saying aston but going to have to go with the chevy :thumbsup: seemed the best for me and I need all the help I can get.
The ferrari was just a complete no no for me.

I'll have to switch then because I did say earlier I was trying for a max of two of each car to get as many makes on the grid as possible.

I don't mind, I'll switch over to another if you like the Corvette.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom