Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Review

eh ok link not working, well the review is over at ign anyways :clap:

Just heard that the ISO is already out but its 1.2Gb stripped down. The cracker hopes to have it under 1Gb soon though by removing the update folder etc.

twicenightly this is my first order with movietyme, my order is beng processed at the moment although i don't expect to get it until middle of next week , if i'm lucky !!!! fingers crossed it will come sooner!!!!

Thanks Bigred. If it doesn't come unitl then I suppose I might as well wait until it's released here in the UK (next Friday)

I can't wait for this to be released :)

Bad news for all the pirates as Sony have used dual encryption that can only be decoded by 2.0+ firmware so the game won't run on anything less that 2.0 irrespective of spoofing.

Rumours are abounding that the 2.0 update folder on the UMD actually contains the 2.01 update (ie. non downgradable) so when you upgrade to play this gem make sure you use a verifiable 2.0 eboot and not the one from the UMD.

I give it a couple of weeks before its cracked mate. The hackers love a challenge. Who would have thought someone would have come up with a program and a way to downgrade from 2.0 to 1.50. The more sony keep putting these things up the more hackers will be more determined to crack it.

True and the PRX dumper is already kicking around that would aid the pirates greatly in deciphering the encoded files in order to allow Memory Stick play.

As much as I love homebrew I detest piracy, unfortunately the two appear to go hand in hand these days...

Personally I'm going to upgrade to 2.0 to play this game when it arrives and then go back to 1.50 after I've finished it :)

replicashooter said:
I can't wait for this to be released :)

Bad news for all the pirates as Sony have used dual encryption that can only be decoded by 2.0+ firmware so the game won't run on anything less that 2.0 irrespective of spoofing.

Rumours are abounding that the 2.0 update folder on the UMD actually contains the 2.01 update (ie. non downgradable) so when you upgrade to play this gem make sure you use a verifiable 2.0 eboot and not the one from the UMD.

That sucks. I've 1.5 and I've game ordered. I should be able to play the game regardless of what firmware I have.

chrislad said:
That sucks. I've 1.5 and I've game ordered. I should be able to play the game regardless of what firmware I have.

i think Sony have targeted this game deliberatelty to crack the 1.5 ers!!

personally i find GTA a big Yawn, so im not bothered!

am i bothered, does my face look bothered, i aint bothered

I have a 2.0 Eboot. I suppose I can just run that update and downgrade back. There is no way I am going to 2.01 or 2.5 for GTA. Not a chance. I doubt I'll have any problems selling it on.

Any other reviews apart from IGN (they always score games quite high). Think I'll wait for the Gamespot review...

Rockstar gave out IGN an exclusive review so no other places have reviews for a week or so. There's an editiors note at the GameSpot page for it.

Looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer then. Thanks for the heads-up!

I'm not bothered by GTA:LCS to be honest. I have v1.5 and lots of free games to play.

Saw the video review for gta on ign and it looks appauling graphically. As a bit of a graphics whore, I probably won't bother with it, seeing how much of a dog it looks :thumbsdow

i upgraded to 2.0 to play pro evo and thank my lucky stars the downgrader was out shortly after :) so aslong as its only 2.0 i dont mind,2.5 on the other hand :mad:

Like I said, if GTA forces me to upgrade to 2.01 or above, I'll be selling it without playing it. I don't want it that badly. I'd rather have my SNES games, faster games running from the memory stick and homebrew in general.

It's a shame Sony is messing up like this. They're doing the same with the newer PS2's. They released the silver slimline in Japan and Tekken 5 (along with another 10 games or so) won't work on it.

Does anyone know if it's been confirmed that it forces you to upgrade to 2.01 or higher? Trying to decide what to do with my pre-order? :confused:

It uses the video codec in version 2, so it physically can't work on 1.5 or 1.0

Games Guru said:
It uses the video codec in version 2, so it physically can't work on 1.5 or 1.0

Video/audio is fine, the problem is the files are dual encrypted and the PRX files required to decrypt are only available in 2.0 firmware.

does anyone else think with SONY forcing people to update to the latest firmware from umd and stopping people from playing roms etc just to play one game it might have an adverse effect on the sales of these force update games? i mean people in the know are already avoiding buying some games and once it becomes more widespread about the updates downside i think it might have a knock on effect.

its all about the longterm game , eventually people will want to play new games over old, or may buy 2 PSPS!!

So sony will win either way unless they can continue to be cracked

what if they bring out Half Life 3 on psp witha keyboard support
HMM? v tempting

Cant say i blame em personally they must be gutted about people playing games for free

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom