Grand Theft Auto IV Play & Help Thread

To escape them on foot you've gotta get out of the red/blue flashing circle... Once you're out of that it should be fairly straightforward

Really? I tried to shake off a 1-star wanted level earlier today on foot but to no avail.

Maybe I'll try again later...

You want a quick and easy way, go jump in the sea and swim out of the view circle, it works every time, only time it wont work is on wanted level 3 as they deploy boats at that stage

I tend to go down in a blaze of glory if I can as you get to keep your guns but I just got nicked after blowing up a petrol station - I had nearly a full arsenal as well :mad: have to remember where everything was now to collect it up again

lol was that on a rpg frenzy :D

I think you have to do a few missions first, because if you push up twice on the D pad it should bring up the number pad....:smashin:

so it looks like I'll have to be patient and actually learn how to play the game. :D

To escape them on foot you've gotta get out of the red/blue flashing circle... Once you're out of that it should be fairly straightforward

Oh I know that; I was just curious to see if there was a way of getting them off your case without driving miles out of your way — and out of the flashing radius.

I'm simply loving GTAIV. I've just done the mission where

I have to go on a date with a bloke only to arrive and pump a shotgun into him
:D
Now i'm doing the jobs for the Cop Francis where i have to kill the Lawyer and take his papers. I did that but couldn't get away from the cops as i had a 5* wanted level on me

Also while walking a round the city i found a dealer of sports cars. Walk in and went upstairs where i stole a car and escaped by plowing through the upstairs window onto the streets below. It was awesome as it's easy to get away from the cops in one.

I'm struggling to do the races with Brucie though
:rolleyes:

Benchy try this for that mission you spoilered....:smashin:

Start
Laywer mission, when it say's stand and pull out a gun and shoot him Don't pull out a knife and stab him to death, then walk out of the office with the papers as calm as you like, no guards, no cops, feels great doing like that proper hitman style
Stop.......:smashin:

Cheers mate, i got past the mission no problem when i tried again.

I'm now up to 26.5% throught the game. I only have $40,000 banked so far. Does the number of times you fail a mission by the time you finish the game?

Currently on the
Liquidize the assets
mission, which looks like it could be interesting...
Think I might need a knife to take out the first sniper on the roof silently...

Think my favourite mission thus far has to be either
three leaf clover
or
Flatline... The feeling of walking in in doctors scrubs, pulling the plug and casually walking out, then legging it when the police find the guy's dead is just priceless, and could be taken straight from a film. Awesome stuff...

I have a feeling I'm near the end now though... Still, I've got a week to get to 100%, and a completely free weekend coming up! (I want my key to the city dammit!)

I *think* i've finished it :rolleyes:

spoiler:
I got the option for 'money' or 'revenge', roman kept texting me about how much it would mean to him to work with dimitri etc etc, I can't stand him personally and I know niko hates him too so I decided to go for 'revenge' and do that mission.

After what felt like ages on the platypus, got down into the hold and took dimitri out (god that felt good, shot him in the face close up with a shottie :D) got off the boat and well, that's it! Roman doesn't sound too pleased but he said he'll see me at the wedding.

Drove about for about an hour finishing up the assassin missions but there's no other main missions on the map and in the stats i'm 62% through with 100% on all the missions. Is that it, nothing else to do? I assume you'll see the wedding but when does that happen, do I need to trigger it? Are there any ending credits?

What a ride though! :thumbsup:

I *think* i've finished it :rolleyes:

spoiler:
I got the option for 'money' or 'revenge', roman kept texting me about how much it would mean to him to work with dimitri etc etc, I can't stand him personally and I know niko hates him too so I decided to go for 'revenge' and do that mission.

After what felt like ages on the platypus, got down into the hold and took dimitri out (god that felt good, shot him in the face close up with a shottie :D) got off the boat and well, that's it! Roman doesn't sound too pleased but he said he'll see me at the wedding.

Drove about for about an hour finishing up the assassin missions but there's no other main missions on the map and in the stats i'm 62% through with 100% on all the missions. Is that it, nothing else to do? I assume you'll see the wedding but when does that happen, do I need to trigger it? Are there any ending credits?

What a ride though! :thumbsup:

Spoilered...
I killed Dimitri you should get an invite(if i remember you may have to call) to the wedding, and a call from Kate to pick her up and take her to the wedding.....
.....Spoiler end

how many missions did you do 90 or 94? spoiler: wedding mission is fun took me a few times though as kept messing the last bit up. then once u done that u completed i think.

also worth saving an extra game slot before u choose money or revenge as have different outcome

Sorry if someone has said about this tip already but i find it pretty handy. If your car breaks down and it will not start call 911 on your phone and it should start straight away, you can then just hang up. ;)

oh and another thing (this has probably been mentioned as well but what the hell lol) When on the internet in the tw@ cafe's on GTA if you go on to the website www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com (what they do not want you to know, but all one word lol) it will tell u useful info like where the pigeons, text message cars, weapons, health ect is around the city. :thumbsup:

Can it be done or has anyone managed to hi-jack a plane from the airport or take one of the little jets??

Can it be done or has anyone managed to hi-jack a plane from the airport or take one of the little jets??

You cant fly planes in GTA IV only helicopters

Help, I was playing GTA IV and completed a mission and then the auto-save thing came up i saved it and then i just lost all my weapons all of a sudden!! :mad: :mad:

What the :censored: has happened? :confused:

I need some help before I throw my PS3 at someone:D

I'm stuck here:

I chose to make the deal at the end with Dimitri. Roman died so Nico goes after Dimitri with Little Jacob. We follow his goons to a warehouse. LJ runs off so Nico has to do it alone. I get into the warehouse no probs, get up to where Dimitri gets in the chopper and Nico ends up chasing in the boat. No matter what I do, I just cannot get into Little Jacobs helicopter. I'm going flat out in the boat but it just doesn't catch up to the little yellow marker and LJ ends up flying off and Dimitri gets away. When it says get below LJ's helicopter, Nico stands up but I never make the marker. Am I missing something here?

Cheers in advance

Does anyone know where the Annihilator Helicopter can be found I have the strategy guide killed all 200 flying rats to unlock it but can't find it

revenge or deal?

spoiler
some dies either way, so if you go for deal you get 250k and roman dies if you go for revenge kate dies, tough choice which one did you go for ?

I really shouldn't have read that spoiler, now I know both endings.

Agh! :(

I really shouldn't have read that spoiler, now I know both endings.

Agh! :(

ditto

maybe we should have seperate help threads depending how far through the game you are ie an 0-15% thread, 16-30% and so on.

Sorry guys

I have not read through all of this thread but wonder what % of the game do i need to have completed before i can get on the middle island where star junction is.

I tried using the cheat for the Anialhator (helicopter) to get over there but i think because i have only completed 8% of the game i keep getting 5 stars wanted level.

Also is there any way of replaying the cut scenes as my wife has a habit of interupting me right when these are on so i miss some of the dialogue!!

no way to replay cut scenes, and i think its around 20% although dont quote me on that to get to the second island, im sure its around that though.

ditto

maybe we should have seperate help threads depending how far through the game you are ie an 0-15% thread, 15-30% and so on.

agreed, i did the same accidentally. not annoyed at anyone or anything in particular, just really wanted it to be a surprise :mad:.

Sorry guys

I have not read through all of this thread but wonder what % of the game do i need to have completed before i can get on the middle island where star junction is.

I tried using the cheat for the Anialhator (helicopter) to get over there but i think because i have only completed 8% of the game i keep getting 5 stars wanted level.

Also is there any way of replaying the cut scenes as my wife has a habit of interupting me right when these are on so i miss some of the dialogue!!
About 22% when you start with PlayboyX.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom