• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Grand Theft Auto IV - Play & Help *Part 2*

CJPowers81

I have just noticed this achievement and realised i probably won't unlock it now as i'm only 40% of the way through the game with 20 hours played.

I have just completed the first mission for that Ray guy and now i have to meet Packie between 6am and 7pm.

To anyone who did it in 30 hours, is it still possible for me to do the rest in 10 hours ?

I spent a lot of time doing The Package deliveries for Jacob and the Exotic car deliveries for Brucie.

p9ul

Distinguished Member
I have just noticed this achievement and realised i probably won't unlock it now as i'm only 40% of the way through the game with 20 hours played.

I have just completed the first mission for that Ray guy and now i have to meet Packie between 6am and 7pm.

To anyone who did it in 30 hours, is it still possible for me to do the rest in 10 hours ?

I spent a lot of time doing The Package deliveries for Jacob and the Exotic car deliveries for Brucie.

I doubt it to be honest - I thought I was on track to do it but the later missions take a bit longer to do... If you've been doing side missions then its highly unlikely...

chrislad

I checked up on this. I'm planning to get the full 1000 in this so I'm just powering through the story missions and getting them done so I don't have to replay the entire game. I'll do the rest of the stuff, of which all can be done, once I've done the story. I've about 50 missions done within 10 hours, and I believe there's 94 missions, or so, so I've plenty of time.

eob

I thought this achievement only applied to the story missions and not 100% completion.

Taken from xboxlive forum:

Liberty City Minute – 30G - Complete the story missions in less than 30 hours.
This one is easily doable if you just stick to the main story when playing, I watched all cut scenes, used taxis to go everywhere (skipping the journey), and reloaded if I died, failed or got arrested). I had a lot of hours to spare after it. The main story missions are the ones which flow on from each other, e.g. you meet Vlad while working for Roman. All of the story missions will be located on the radar, while secondary missions usually require you to ring the person up to activate them.

The key to the city achievement is the 100% game completion one.

Key To The City – 100G - Achieve 100% in "Game progress" statistic.
This involves completing everything on top of the main story:
· Kill 200 Pigeons
· Land 50 stunt jumps
· Find all 14 friends and do their missions and unlock the special abilities (around 80% like)
· Get all you friends to like you a lot (I got them to 100% to be safe)
· Beat you friends at all the games; Bowling, Darts and Pool
· When you go into the phone and select the friend you will have a list of activities you can do with that friend, you need to do each activity with them at least once!
· Kill the 30 Most Wanted
· Catch 20 random criminals
· Deliver 10 of Jacobs deliveries
· Win all the races with Bruice
· Deliver 10 cars from emails
· Deliver 30 cars from text message

:)

MonkeyKnuckle

Distinguished Member
I've given up on this one as I'm about 40 hours in and 60% complete. Probably another 30 or so missions to go.

I'll just have to start a new game later and rush through it then.

p9ul

Distinguished Member
I've read that you can bomb through it in 19 hours...

From my first game I'll know which bits to skip next time...

DragonOfSilver

I got the achievement completing main game in 22.5 hours, I only did a few dates and friend things on the side tbh, and then backed down a few saves to get the other ending and do all the other stuff for 100% afterwards.

sam.i.am

I hope I still have a chance to get it - on just under 12 hours and about 22% through but I've done a fair few side missions like the cars for Brucie and stuff. I've just done one mission for Manny on the top island, still not on the second island - have I got a chance of completing it in under 30 hours?

Bit of a silly achievement IMO - means people are just going to hammer through the missions and forget all the other stuff. Ah well.

p9ul

Distinguished Member
I hope I still have a chance to get it - on just under 12 hours and about 22% through but I've done a fair few side missions like the cars for Brucie and stuff. I've just done one mission for Manny on the top island, still not on the second island - have I got a chance of completing it in under 30 hours?

Bit of a silly achievement IMO - means people are just going to hammer through the missions and forget all the other stuff. Ah well.

Ignore the side quests - you can do them at any time afterwards - think I was on the same time scale - I read that the story is about 68% of the game and was at 35% completion after 15 hours so thought I was on target - I was wrong...

V

visPa

Hi,

Just to clarify for everyone...

there's 93 missions (although it depends on a choice you make, as I think you may have to do 94 if you make the wrong choice). I won't say anymore than that.

I did it in 23 hours, and that was solidly on the story.

To confirm, it's not 100% completion required, its the Story mode ONLY. with all the side missions, it's an easy 35 - 40 hour game.

MY advice is to concentrate on the missions, do the side ones after. You can continually see your friends, go bowling, do all the tasks etc once the story is completed.

Hope this helps!

V

visPa

another tip....If your struggling for time and fail / get busted....Immediately revert to the last autosave rather than re-try. This will keep you on the EXACT same mission, without the additional time wasted on the previous attempts.

Just to note, the last 2 missions are around 30-40 minutes each, if you want to do it in one go without dying...

Menthos

Standard Member
It's just the story and it's real world time... if you want it real bad, take taxis to the missions (where you can) and skip the cutscenes - you'll get it no problem.

Granted I got this with literally 2 mins left before the 30 hours... but I got it all the same!

v CJ v

I saw this achievement from the start, but assumed it was impossible to get.

Ended up pratting around for a few hours.

Just complete the story more in 31hours 8mins, Gutted. If i hadn't messed around for 2-3hours i could have done it.

Whisler

Another great tip to save masses amount of time is to get cabs EVERYWHERE. I played thru it to about 80% then realised i was on my bros xbl account as this is the first time i properly played 360 (im a world of warcraft addict so dont play 360/wii/ps3 much if at all) so i started my own xbl account and just got the liberty city minute achievement with a completion time of just over 15 hours, i really believe that goin thru again you could chop that down a significant amount.

As long as you just stick to the story missions, (the ones you get an icon on the map for - lj, v, fm etc etc) its really easy. one thing that i did find was that because i didnt do any activities with friends i couldnt get the achievement of having coffee or something, so i have had to date the most annoyin woman in the world EVER once i completed the story mode. Guys if you think your woman is a pain in the ass i urge you to date someone called carmen in game, she had me nearly jumping from the roof lol.

so yeah make sure you get cabs everywhere and youll blizz the 30 hours nps at all :)

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Original thread started by matt_p here

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Was quite looking forward to the DLC despite the Biker theme. One of my biggest hates in the GTA series have been the Bike chases/missions but I was a big fan of GTA4 and will give this a chance. The extra 5 Achievements for 250 Gamerpoints:

* Get Good Wood - 50G - In bike races, whack off 69 bikers with a bat.
* Easy Rider - 100G - Finish the story.
* Full Chat - 70G - Your backup are riding at their best!
* The Lost Boy - 25G - All hail the leader of The Lost!
* One Percenter - 5G - Billy is back on his bike.

The big concern for me at the mo is the price. 1600 MS points in the US :eek: Anyone know what the UK price might be ?

kav

Distinguished Member
Was quite looking forward to the DLC despite the Biker theme. One of my biggest hates in the GTA series have been the Bike chases/missions but I was a big fan of GTA4 and will give this a chance. The extra 5 Achievements for 250 Gamerpoints:

* Get Good Wood - 50G - In bike races, whack off 69 bikers with a bat.
* Easy Rider - 100G - Finish the story.
* Full Chat - 70G - Your backup are riding at their best!
* The Lost Boy - 25G - All hail the leader of The Lost!
* One Percenter - 5G - Billy is back on his bike.

The big concern for me at the mo is the price. 1600 MS points in the US :eek: Anyone know what the UK price might be ?

Probably the same price, now that the pound is edging ever closer to the dollar! :(

Also the fact that you get 250 achievement points for the DLC indicates that this may be the only additional content available...? Unless R* have got some sort of dispensation from MS to provide more than the maximum allowed 1250 points for a game. Pure speculation on my part, mind you.

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Probably the same price, now that the pound is edging ever closer to the dollar! :(

Also the fact that you get 250 achievement points for the DLC indicates that this may be the only additional content available...? Unless R* have got some sort of dispensation from MS to provide more than the maximum allowed 1250 points for a game. Pure speculation on my part, mind you.

Surely its MS calling the shots at R* now after their $50,000,000 exclusivity deal. Just been doing a bit of googling and there are a few Sony execs still claiming that the PS3 will eventually get the DLC content :confused: If the rumours of a new GTA in 2010 are true then this is almost certainly first and last DLC for GTA4

Last edited:

Crovon

Distinguished Member
The PS3 cant get the DLC its exclusive to the 360 no matter what they like to pipe dream about.

I do want to get this DLC but Im not sure I want to shell out 1600 points for it :(

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Laughably not according to this man:

ray-maguire-150x150.jpg

:D

There’s still no sign of it appearing on the Xbox 360 (it was due before Christmas, remember Rockstar?). But Grand Theft Auto IV’s downloadable content (DLC) will be coming to the PS3 eventually. As will other supposedly “exclusive” content DLC for the 360, like that for Fallout 3 and Tomb Raider: Underworld. According to Ray Maguire, Sony Computer Entertainment UK’s Managing Director.

In an interview with Videogamer.com, Maguire (speaking at the Games 3.0 conference in London) said: “Nothing is ever exclusive. Things get wrapped up for a period of time for a large amount of money.” Maguire’s comments follow similar comments made by Sony Europe boss David Reeve, who said GTA IV DLC will “probably” make it to the PS3.

Maguire also said that the days of Sony bagging exclusives were over as far as he was concerned: “I would much rather that we were investing money into making sure that we’ve got great R&D and we start producing games like LittleBigPlanet, rather than paying other people a huge amount of money to stop people playing their product.”

Although all of this raises two rather awkward questions. Firstly, if Sony doesn’t care so much about exclusives, why make such a big deal of the few ones it has had of worth: Haze (before the reviews hit), Final Fantasy (before it went non-exclusive) etc.? And secondly, given the recent history of exclusives on previous console generations, how genuinely likely is it these exclusives will make it to the PS3? And if they are coming, when will it be? Microsoft may well have a serious lock on these titles for a long enough period of time to make sure that by the time any content makes it to the PS3, Sony will be launching the PS4.

Original Link: Sony UK boss: GTA IV, Fallout 3, Tomb Raider DLC heading to PS3 | Electricpig

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
February 17th is the date for the US. Should be the same for the UK.

Fen Star

Whats 1600 points in real money.?

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Whats 1600 points in real money.?

2100 is £17 in most places, slightly more when purchased direct from MS. So about £12.50 for an additional 10 hours of gameplay and 250 Gamerpoints,

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom