Grand Theft Auto 5

Amph

Prominent Member
Reaction score
So, today my mate tells me that GTA 5 was confirmed for the Wii U last night. I've not found anything official but a lot of sources and articles point to people strongly believing it will be released on Wii U.

If this is true thats a BIG step in the right direction for the console.

Saw this rumour over the weekend but think it stems from The Sun newspaper on Friday were it was mentioned it was being released on Wii U and PC along with the already confirmed PS3 / 360

Wouldnt get my hopes up though it would be great news if true

There a few rumors about this on the web and apparently IGN will announce more on the game later on this week. More likely a ps4 and PC announcement to me but I'd be very impressed and surprised if it was announced for the Wii u.

There a few rumors about this on the web and apparently IGN will announce more on the game later on this week. More likely a ps4 and PC announcement to me but I'd be very impressed and surprised if it was announced for the Wii u.

How cool would it be to get the next GTA on the Wii U before the PS4 and next Xbox are released!!!

How cool would it be to get the next GTA on the Wii U before the PS4 and next Xbox are released!!!

Would be awesome but I'm not holding my breath. There's no doubt that many nintendo fans would love for this too happen and if it's financially viable for rockstar to do so there's no reason it shouldn't be released. They had some experience of a touchscreen/dual screen system with Chinatown wars on the ds which was brilliant so just imagine what they could do with the Wii u.

In all honesty i think they will announce a ps4 and pc version with a nextbox version to follow and skip the Wii u, please prove me wrong rock star!

I don't think they will either, they would perhaps be thinking lack of gamers. But Nintendo need to do everything they can to make it happen.

I don't think they will either, they would perhaps be thinking lack of gamers. But Nintendo need to do everything they can to make it happen.

Agreed mate if they manage this then it will be a huge win for nintendo and will send out the right message to other developers out there. A game on this scale could do all the marketing nintendo failed to do for Wii u single handedly and if they can incorporate the gp well then it's win win for nintendo. Fingers crossed!!

There's trailers and such coming out, starting tomorrow but they wont indicate whether they'll be available on Wii U or not.

Personally I hope that this is announced at E3 in some way.

There's trailers and such coming out, starting tomorrow but they wont indicate whether they'll be available on Wii U or not.

Personally I hope that this is announced at E3 in some way.

Yeah apparently they're releasing three new trailers one for each of the characters you can control. Should be good. It's got a contender in watch dogs this time so will be interesting to see what direction they take the franchise in. I thought sleeping dogs was great and the jumping from one car to another mechanic should make it across, even Lego city had that!

I doubt you will see gameplay before it's released.

I'd love too see this on Wii U, haven't they said a few times they aren't doing PS4/720 versions though?

As for Watchdogs, I don't know all style and no substance IMO, it may end up another Assassins Creed that was hyped to the moon and ended up being mediocre (although the sequels were much better).

I'm gonna maybe get flamed for this but I couldn't give a **** about the new GTA. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy them but was seriously underwhelmed by IV so I can't muster any enthusiasm for it at all.

As for watchdogs well it looks very nice but it could be horrible and tedious gameplay wise....pretty much how I feel about the assassins creed games. Over hyped and dull. AC2 was so boring I used to play it to help me sleep. ;)

I'm gonna maybe get flamed for this but I couldn't give a **** about the new GTA. Don't get me wrong I do enjoy them but was seriously underwhelmed by IV so I can't muster any enthusiasm for it at all.

As for watchdogs well it looks very nice but it could be horrible and tedious gameplay wise....pretty much how I feel about the assassins creed games. Over hyped and dull. AC2 was so boring I used to play it to help me sleep. ;)

I'm with you on GTA IV it was a bit blah, it had its moments but nothing spectacular, but that being said V could be brilliant!

As for watchdogs well it looks very nice but it could be horrible and tedious gameplay wise....pretty much how I feel about the assassins creed games. Over hyped and dull. AC2 was so boring I used to play it to help me sleep.

I understand how you feel mate and gta 4 didnt set my underwear on fire either :) but no doubt if 5 does come out on the wii u it will be huge news, a good win for nintendo and will get the wii u some much needed publicity. What it will do for nintendo rather than the game itself is what would be exciting.

I understand how you feel mate and gta 4 didnt set my underwear on fire either :) but no doubt if 5 does come out on the wii u it will be huge news, a good win for nintendo and will get the wii u some much needed publicity. What it will do for nintendo rather than the game itself is what would be exciting.

Oh I agree. I said months ago that the Wii U needs big third party games and they don't come much bigger or popular than GTA. Nintendo should of thrown a ton of money at rockstar and got at least some limited exclusivity for it.

Love it or hate it GTA is a system seller. I hope it does come out on the Wii U and more importantly I hope its good. :)

Oh I agree. I said months ago that the Wii U needs big third party games and they don't come much bigger or popular than GTA. Nintendo should of thrown a ton of money at rockstar and got at least some limited exclusivity for it.

Love it or hate it GTA is a system seller. I hope it does come out on the Wii U and more importantly I hope its good.

+1 mate, couldn't have put it any better!

If they don't release it on the PS4 or next xbox then the Wii U would be the best version graphically and then the use of the gamepad too would be a winner!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom