Grand Pearl Pooh Bar.

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Blue Triangles, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Blue Triangles

Blue Triangles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    I finally got this achievement on Hexic, giving me 200 points for the game. It took me months and months of trying and was well pleased when I finally got it.

Anyone else managed this yet?

2. wattsy1977

wattsy1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Wow...im impressed!! figured that would be impossible..whats the secret, Ican get one of those pearls but no way could I get them all

3. Blue Triangles

Blue Triangles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    I found that keeping your silver pearls on the screen helps a lot. What I mean by this, I used to get six silver pearls and then make a black one. Now I just get as many silver pearls as possible, I think I had about 14 on the screen before making my first Black pearl. This helps you make more silver pearls, as it gives you more means of moving pieces around. You do have to be much more careful with this method though, you don't want to combo three of your silver pearls.

4. wattsy1977

wattsy1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers I will give that a go then....seems no one else plays this, but I really enjoy it...all friends I have there scores are so low its no challenge, im guessing you must be massively over my score.

5. Blue Triangles

Blue Triangles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    My score is just shy of 2,000,000. You get 1,500,000 for taking out the six black pearls. I could have got much more I reckon, as I'd only just started level 7, but I was taking no chances, so just ended the game in order to get the achievement.

What is your score by the way?

6. wattsy1977

wattsy1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Way shy of 2 million!!! think I was around the 250,000 range, but like you say 1.5 mill for the six balck pearls pushing you up into the strasophere!

Feel free to add me to your friends list for a full compare.

7. Blue Triangles

Blue Triangles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    No probs, I'll add you tonight. :thumbsup:

8. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    Just managed the black pearl cluster achievement earlier and I was jumping around the place, those damn bombs kept dropping completely separate from the matching colours the closer I got to the third pearl. Took me 80 minutes, although there was a couple of much needed calming tea breaks in there.

Even snapped a pic with my mobile in the excitement:D

[​IMG]

Didn't realise anyone here had managed the big Grand Pearl Pooh Bar achievement though, maximum respect for that one!:eek:

Now, do I try for it myself, gf already in a bad mood with me for getting the cluster achievement as she says she doesn't have any achievement to try for now:rolleyes: logs into xbox.com to create her her own gamertag to use

9. Blue Triangles

Blue Triangles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Go for it Tetlee! Keep trying, you'll get it eventually I'm sure....... :thumbsup:

I never thought I would to be honest.

10. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    I was planning to, but after noticing last night that Hexic HD is now firmly burnt onto my LCD screen:rolleyes:(first time I've had such a problem in almost 3 years since buying the screen) it looks like Hexic HD will have to be laid to rest:(

Just broke the news to the gf that she's also banned from Hexic, she wasn't impressed but the damn hexes and side lines are visible enough as it is and are already annoying me, wish I'd seen that coming.

11. Blue Triangles

Blue Triangles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Sorry to hear that dude. Is it permanent burn then, not just retention? I must admit, I had a few Hexic scares when I used to play it. I'd not long had my Pioneer plasma either, which are well known for those problems. I ended up just shifting the screen up, down, left and right a few pixels every 20 minutes......

12. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    How can you tell the difference? I must admit I don't know a lot about screen burn(less retention), I always thought LCD screens were less likely to suffer from it so never worried too much.

13. Blue Triangles

Blue Triangles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Well, retention will fade in time (though not completely in some cases). How long as it been there?

You're right though, screen burn is less common in LCD TV's.

14. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,812
    Noticed it yesterday, doesn't seem any less noticeable today either. Guess I'll just have to take a bit of hope in the chance it may at least partially fade, hopefully all together.

If it does go I might allow Hexic back on with the screen brightness set nice & low to be safe:rolleyes:

15. GavinB

GavinB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thankfully I never had a problem with my TV, but Hexic was burned into my brain.

I had to get a grand pearl just so I could stop dreaming about rotating hexagons.

16. RidleyDeckard

RidleyDeckard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +757
    If you can get a plain white image on your screen (from a laptop maybe) that should help burn out the image that has been burnt into it. In the conference industry we have to do it all the time to plasma's to get rid of company logos that have been static on a screen for days on end.