Grand Designs Abroad

Brogan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone see this program?

For about £250,000, that couple had a superb house built on the side of a hill.
Imagine stepping out of your bedroom into a swimming pool....ideal for those hot, sticky nights.

Hats off to the builder/project manager too who, although he hated the design, did a fantastic job delivering it on time and on budget.

I found the guy to be very arrogant though and probably didn't make any friends in the surrounding villages with his radical design and colour scheme.

I wonder if Turkey has a similar planning law that allows you to build whatever you want if you have a plot at least 25,000 m2.....?

Yeah that was a fantasic house. I never liked the guy much i have to say He wanted tointergrate himself in to the spainish way of life yet shown little regard for the inhabitants. Which is a tipical brit abroad.

But i'm gob smacked at what you can get for the money when you self build. Was that hole plot of land only about 35k?

Yes - £35k for 25,000 m2.

The reason it's so cheap is because it's literally miles from anywhere.
Developers aren't interested as tourists won't buy there and the land was not much use as farm land.

We've got our eye on a similar plot in Turkey, although it's only 12,200 m2 but at £20k, it's a pretty good price.

I was impressed with the build although didn't like the shade of blue used. I couldn't possibly live somewhere like that myself though, much too remote.

Turkey could be a very good place to do a build, especially if they join the EU then the value of property there will soar.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom