Granada/Humax signal problems

mackie78

Standard Member
Hi Folks,

After a message appeared on my Humax 9200T that a rescan was needed I decided to allow the system to autoscan.

The TV channels the box picked up were poor quality and pixelated. Some worse than others ranging from nearly impossible to watch due to stuttering, loss of audio and pixelation to 5 minutes of OK TV with occasional, minor interruptions.

I am located in CH4 7ED so I think I am supposed to use the winter hill transmitter. This seems to be what the Humax is doing (from my limited knowledge) as it is picking up ITV.

I carried out a manual scan on channels(?) 54, 55, 58, 59, 61 & 62 as I have had previous issues with the autoscan function and this is what I was advised to do - However this does not appear to have improved the situation

I have read on here that it could be the weather causing the issues, but thought it might not be the case as the signal was fine prior to the rescan.

Anyone able to offer any guidance? :lease:

Rodders53

Distinguished Member
You have the correct frequencies - although scanning 54 is a waste of time with a SD receiver.

Delete all radio and tv channels manually before doing a manual scan - abort any auto tune it might try to do. If you don't delete channels I think the box still remembers them. (An auto tune automatically deletes channels on the latest v23 firmware).

A 'default settings' sometimes helps? (You will lose all 'preferences' set then as well as the scheduled recordings).

It's quite likely that you may be picking up signals from The Wrekin with an auto tune as well as Winter Hill and Moel-y-Parc.

mackie78

Standard Member
As always, thanks for taking the time out to respond.

I will do as you advise Rodders and 'default set' & rescan now and find out if my daughter and wife say it has helped the picture tomorrow.

I'll report back so others can benefit from your help.

Royold - thanks for your additional tip. I'll bear that in mind depending what the 'girls' feedback to me tomorrow.

;)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom