Gran Turismo Sport - 2020 Racing

LeftyXXIII

Distinguished Member
Tonight's circuit has been chosen and the individual in question has asked for it to remain a secret until the lobby opens, so no advantage for anyone today I'm afraid :D

NickParks

Hope he rots in hell.😁
Sorry guys, was at work and then had a 15k trail run straight after so am only just in now - didn’t want anyone having an advantage 😄

Soundmangt4

Sorry guys, was at work and then had a 15k trail run straight after so am only just in now - didn’t want anyone having an advantage 😄
Apart from you that is. You have all the advantage! It best not be some obscure track that I've never raced around! :nono: :laugh:

EDIT - bugger. Doesn't matter to me, totally forgot my friend is popping round soon, so I won't be joining in I'm afraid. Must remember what day it is better! :rotfl:

LeftyXXIII

Distinguished Member
Room is open! Welcome everyone to Mount Panorama!

ID: 0475-4345-1796-3729-8244

KennyNinja74

Distinguished Member
Only one guy had the advantage here, we were thrown under the bus by not giving us notice to at least get used to the track. When its my turn to pick i will be making it known which track we'll be racing on.

paulyoung666

Distinguished Member
Thoroughly enjoyed that , my knee didn’t though 😣, wasn’t sure about the third race , I thought we were all lining up in the positions we were given but close together !!!
Cracking fun though 🤣🤣🤣

LeftyXXIII

Distinguished Member
Did anyone have the results for the Sprint saved? My video didn't give me the results annoyingly.

NickParks

Only one guy had the advantage here, we were thrown under the bus by not giving us notice to at least get used to the track. When its my turn to pick i will be making it known which track we'll be racing on.
Sorry if it felt like I had thrown anyone under the bus - not my intention -
I was only going to get on the PS4 10 mins before the start of the race, and had no idea if there were going to be any Mount Panarama aka Bathhurst fans amongst us, as I thought it was quite a popular track - obviously not! :thumbsdow

Soundmangt4

Room is open! Welcome everyone to Mount Panorama!

ID: 0475-4345-1796-3729-8244
Bugger, absolutely love that place and I'm pretty quick too! Hey ho, next week!

KennyNinja74

Distinguished Member
Sorry if it felt like I had thrown anyone under the bus - not my intention -
I was only going to get on the PS4 10 mins before the start of the race, and had no idea if there were going to be any Mount Panarama aka Bathhurst fans amongst us, as I thought it was quite a popular track - obviously not! :thumbsdow
Love Bathurst, only had one lap which i qualified 2nd that isn't enough to get tuned into a 10 lap race, at least give us half an hour to get a car sorted and some sort of half arsed stratagy for the race. Lobby opens at 7:50pm by the time you've picked a car and tires qually starts you get a out lap then a flying lap thats it then the race starts.

The next season needs a rethink, No doubt Lefty will come up with something compelling he always does, many thanks again Lefty always appreciate your time and effort in putting these events together, its difficult getting everyone together at the same time. On to next week, can't wait i might even be the chosen one to pick the track. ;)😄 I've got the perfect track in mind. 🥳

My usual qually pace is a 2:02.XXX. This one at night.

Last edited:

Lancia34

Distinguished Member
Bugger, absolutely love that place and I'm pretty quick too! Hey ho, next week!
Same here, great and challenging course.
I’m still engrossed with Ghost of Tsushima so haven’t touched my wheel for a few weeks. Will be back on this after that though :)

Soundmangt4

Same here, great and challenging course.
I’m still engrossed with Ghost of Tsushima so haven’t touched my wheel for a few weeks. Will be back on this after that though :)
It was the daily race at Bathurst the other week that got me from DR B up to DR A. I was racing the Gr.3 WRX around there and just driving consistently gained me so many places as people crashed or hit a wall through the twisty section over the hill! So satisfying when you nail it!

Soundmangt4

Love Bathurst, only had one lap which i qualified 2nd that isn't enough to get tuned into a 10 lap race, at least give us half an hour to get a car sorted and some sort of half arsed stratagy for the race. Lobby opens at 7:50pm by the time you've picked a car and tires qually starts you get a out lap then a flying lap thats it then the race starts.

The next season needs a rethink, No doubt Lefty will come up with something compelling he always does, many thanks again Lefty always appreciate your time and effort in putting these events together, its difficult getting everyone together at the same time. On to next week, can't wait i might even be the chosen one to pick the track. ;)😄 I've got the perfect track in mind. 🥳

My usual qually pace is a 2:02.XXX. This one at night.
My qualifying time on racing hard was 2:03.9 according to KP.

LeftyXXIII

Distinguished Member
I think as a group we need to remember that some of us take this semi-seriously and some of us take this as a bit of fun. Because of this, I have to try and appeal to both groups otherwise we'll slowly alienate others and we'll be lucky if we have 4 on each week. I said this as early as post #9 in this thread.

Yes, there are things I need to address for the second season of this, most notably the Sprint Race as it's a shambles each week trying to get everyone into position. But all in all, with the exception of a few issues and moans, this has been pretty successful, we're averaging 8 each week and the racing has been very mostly clean.

We'll get the final race of the week out of the way next week and then I'll share plans for season two which will bring the pack closer together.

rhodos

@lefty I know your not looking for smoke blowing but imho you've done a cracking job in bringing us together. Its a great 50 mins a week for me. None of the 'pressure' of the weeklies and none of the carnage of the usual lobbies. Good blend of racing in a relaxed but grownups environment .

You can't please all of the people, all of the..... but you've come darn close.

LeftyXXIII

Distinguished Member
@lefty I know your not looking for smoke blowing but imho you've done a cracking job in bringing us together. Its a great 50 mins a week for me. None of the 'pressure' of the weeklies and none of the carnage of the usual lobbies. Good blend of racing in a relaxed but grownups environment .

You can't please all of the people, all of the..... but you've come darn close.
Stop it, you're making me blush :blush: (although you tagged the wrong guy in lol)

Very kind words and thank you, it's good to know that I'm bringing some of you joy in what is a pretty miserable situation a lot of us find ourselves in at the moment with the coronavirus.

LeftyXXIII

Distinguished Member
Week 4 Results
(this is from memory so do correct me if wrong)

Week 4.png