Gran Turismo Sport - 2019/20 Time Trials

Ah ok, mine is only quarter full after the final corner so runs out quickly before the straight and then barely any battery in the first sector. If I charge or start a new lap I have full battery which last lot longer.
I agree, I lose out on the main straight, not a huge amount, but watch myself going backwards compared to my best time on a flying second lap....

So, had a quick blast this morning and think this will take some beating. :cool:
Note that I did a 1:27.3 on my first lap and had a full battery for lap 2 which was my faster lap!

So, had a quick blast this morning and think this will take some beating. :cool:

Great lap!
That will give me something to aim for again! ;)
I know there are a few areas I can improve on from my 1.26.969 (hopefully - I find sometimes I hop on and I'm on it straight away, other times I'm miles off and it takes a good while to get in the 'groove')

Anyway it won't be until quite late tonight before I'm on - try not to get any quicker :laugh:

Great lap!
That will give me something to aim for again! ;)
I know there are a few areas I can improve on from my 1.26.969 (hopefully - I find sometimes I hop on and I'm on it straight away, other times I'm miles off and it takes a good while to get in the 'groove')

Anyway it won't be until quite late tonight before I'm on - try not to get any quicker :laugh:

I won't be going back on today, and in all honesty, that lap felt almost perfect and I doubt I can improve on it, but if you give me a reason to try I certainly will! ;) :smashin:

I won't be going back on today, and in all honesty, that lap felt almost perfect and I doubt I can improve on it, but if you give me a reason to try I certainly will! ;) :smashin:
What's your optimum showing as?
mines currently 1:26.604..

What's your optimum showing as?
mines currently 1:26.604..

Don't know, I only did a few laps this morning, like 50 miles or so.

Interesting to note that the Toyota recharges even whilst changing gear, the green indicator flashes briefly whilst changing up.

Not sure the Audi does this??

See about 30 secs into Soundmangt4's lap.

Interesting to note that the Toyota recharges even whilst changing gear, the green indicator flashes briefly whilst changing up.

Not sure the Audi does this??

See about 30 secs into Soundmangt4's lap.

And if you coast slowly in a high gear without much throttle it'll charge

Wow, dragged my wheel and seat across to my big TV where the PSVR is all setup and did a couple of laps in the Toyota around the same track in VR and wow, what a difference! The VR really shows up all the elevation changes, especially at the end of the finishing straight, which has a really steep rise at the end! Great fun! Took the Toyota for a quick blast around the Nordschleife too, and that's insane! :D

Wow, dragged my wheel and seat across to my big TV where the PSVR is all setup and did a couple of laps in the Toyota around the same track in VR and wow, what a difference! The VR really shows up all the elevation changes, especially at the end of the finishing straight, which has a really steep rise at the end! Great fun! Took the Toyota for a quick blast around the Nordschleife too, and that's insane! :D
Another interesting VR outing is the Hamilton Mercedes around the Tokyo track.

Just try a Gr.1 at Le Mans, it’s stunning.
Had a quick go and improved a bit but still hitting that damn wall though.
My optimum is 1:27 but I doubt that would be good enough for 3rd by the end of this.

From the other end of the spectrum.......first time I've driven a Grp 1 in anger, and just got to a sub 1:30, with a new wheel and seat and it made this old man's heart pump - superb experience. :)

Note that I did a 1:27.3 on my first lap and had a full battery for lap 2 which was my faster lap!

Bar raised :cool:

Last edited:
From the other end of the spectrum.......first time I've driven a Grp 1 in anger, and just got to a sub 1:30, with a new wheel and seat and it made this old man's heart pump - superb experience. :)
That’s what it’s all about - glad you’re enjoying your new setup :thumbsup:

No replay to show?
PSN network went down just after I’d done the lap, panicked for a sec and thought it had been lost!
Uploading to YT at the moment and then will edit post :smashin:

Had a quick go and improved a bit but still hitting that damn wall though.
My optimum is 1:27 but I doubt that would be good enough for 3rd by the end of this.

Is that the wall on the left at the beginning of S2?
I found I kept clipping it if I used 2nd, but have no issues in 3rd gear...

PSN network went down just after I’d done the lap, panicked for a sec and thought it had been lost!
Uploading to YT at the moment and then will edit post :smashin:

Cracking lap. Seriously laid down a marker there! Not sure I can beat that but I will try! ;)

Is that the wall on the left at the beginning of S2?
I found I kept clipping it if I used 2nd, but have no issues in 3rd gear...

Yeh that’s the one. 3rd and I just can’t get the car in. If I do get around to another go I might go into it in 3rd then drop down to 2nd. It’s a right pain if a corner with no obvious turn in point just turn and pray :)

What time did you get? I’m guessing almost a second quicker than my 1:27.4?

Yeh that’s the one. 3rd and I just can’t get the car in. If I do get around to another go I might go into it in 3rd then drop down to 2nd. It’s a right pain if a corner with no obvious turn in point just turn and pray :)

What time did you get? I’m guessing almost a second quicker than my 1:27.4?
I find going in in 3rd and then trail braking slightly helps turn it in and keep it tight (I have the brake bias to the rear) and then enables me to get on the power nice and early out of the turn..

Time was a 1:26.550, I think I'm going to struggle to improve on that..

I find going in in 3rd and then trail braking slightly helps turn it in and keep it tight (I have the brake bias to the rear) and then enables me to get on the power nice and early out of the turn..

Time was a 1:26.550, I think I'm going to struggle to improve on that..

Ah yes I see you don;t go anywhere near the wall whereas I hug it (and kiss and caress it and then try and bang it!) :D
I'll try your gearing as well as I'm dropping to 1st in the hairpins all the time as I can't get the car stopped fully...grrr when does my load cell arrive?!

Btw - quick Fanatec question - do you have ABS turned on on the wheel itself? Not sure it does anything apart from the feedback when braking.

Ah yes I see you don;t go anywhere near the wall whereas I hug it (and kiss and caress it and then try and bang it!) :D
I'll try your gearing as well as I'm dropping to 1st in the hairpins all the time as I can't get the car stopped fully...grrr when does my load cell arrive?!

Btw - quick Fanatec question - do you have ABS turned on on the wheel itself? Not sure it does anything apart from the feedback when braking.
I'm pretty sure abs on the wheel does nothing for gt sport, so doesn't matter what you put it at mate

Yes, I've got ABS turned off on the wheel and am using the Sensitivity set at 27 or 270deg for this track :)

Any shipping updates on the Load Cell yet?

Any shipping updates on the Load Cell yet?

Not in stock until July 3rd. Have it on pre-order and might come in earlier as the wheels did when out of stock.

Not in stock until July 3rd. Have it on pre-order and might come in earlier as the wheels did when out of stock.
I'm tempted to order the 3 pedals with the load cell, as they come in stock 12th June I think, I'll then keep the load cell pedal and sell the others as brand new

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom