1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gran Tourismo 4 - BUG ?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by Dr_Mike, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Dr_Mike

Dr_Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Got my copy of GT4 today, pre-ordered from GAME.

Either I'm being stupid or the options menu is bugged. The cursor skips straight to the exit options button and you can't move it back to select screen setup etc. :mad:

Otherwise, seems good, seems to have more sense of speed than GT3, even in slower cars, the in car view seems to be lower to the ground although this may be because I can't select the correct aspect ratio of my 16:9 TV. Can't switch to the chase view either for some reason, although I don't normally use it. Driving feel is quite different from GT3 as well, cars slide around alot more, even with the driving aids on.

2. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    As i don't own this game(but have had a quick play), but iirc you just press the select button to cyle through the views available, 3 of them i think(bumper, bonnet and follow). But i must point out that this was on Arcade mode not GT mode.

3. nero0410

nero0410
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,395
    I havent had this problem. I picked mine up last night at the midnight opening and have played it for quite a few hours, changeing options etc.... and not had any of those probs.

It may be an idea to take it back and get an exchange for another one.

tris

4. Malone

Malone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +71
    Bit off topic. Does the PAL version have 480p and 1080i in the screen selection menu?

Matt

5. Dr_Mike

Dr_Mike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Well I've managed to get into the options menu now by some fairly random button pushing. Not ideal, but servicable. I have manged to change the camera view by pressing the correct button :blush: rather than assuming it was R1 as in GT3 (note to self :rtfm: )

The UK version doesn't appear to have any prog scan or hi-def options :( . The screen menu has only got aspect ratio and V&H offset options.