Grambo's New Living Room Setup

RamboGrambo

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

Been a long time fan of the forum and thought I'd share my living room setup.
If you have any questions please ask.

IMG_20190511_183022.jpg

IMG_20190511_183044.jpg

IMG_20190511_183059 (1).jpg

Really nice pal. Looks so clean. Love the lighting in the roof.

What tv is that?

Love this. I have the same unit in black. Can I ask what are the names of the two greys you have used on your walls?

SPECS
  • KEF: 2 x T101 (Front Speakers), 2 x T101 (Surround Speakers), 1 x T101C (Centre Speaker), 2 x Ci160QR (In-Ceiling Atmos Speakers), 1 x T-2 (Subwoofer).
  • Sony: STR-DN1080 - 7.2ch Home Theatre AV Receiver.
  • Samsung: QE75Q9FNAT - QLED 4K TV , 1 x WMN-M23EA/XC (No Gap Wall Mount).
  • Microsoft: Xbox One X.
  • Virgin Media: 2 x Virgin TV V6 Boxes, VIVID 500 (V.VIP)
  • NVidia: Shield TV.
  • Logitech: Harmony Elite , 1 x Harmony Precision IR Cables.
  • Philips: 1 x Hue Smart Lightstrip Plus Starter Kit - 2m, 5 x Hue Lightstrip Plus - 1m Extension, 6 x Hue Ambience Dimmable LED Smart Spot light, 1 x Hue Dimmer Switch.
    Google: Google Wifi, Google Hub.
  • Nest: Learning Thermostat.
  • TP-Link: TL-SG108S 8-Port Desktop Gigabit Ethernet Switch.

Last edited:
Love this. Really nice design - top work. Did you get a pro in to do that ceiling?

May I ask what wall unit that is?

Local Contractor made the ceiling from my Design as the Philips LightStrip had a Maximum length of 10 Metres, so made the ceiling 2m Squared and Linked 8 LightStrips together.

C1.JPG C2.JPG C3.JPG C4.JPG

C5.JPG C6.JPG C7.JPG C8.JPG

Units are 2 x Ikea Besta with Gloss Doors.

C9.JPG Ikea.JPG

Last edited:
Very nice mate and thanks for sharing the selection of paints used.

I'm currently in the process of gathering things up for my own living room re-vamp and urban obsession is just what I'm after.

p.s - that TV is the dogs mate :thumbsup:

Was the chimney breast already there or was it built to accommodate cables?

What size amp, & does it fit. Do you have any air circulation in the besta?

Nice & neat.

Chimney Breast was already there, but needed to be extended both sides to accomodate the 75" TV and Speakers as the previous TV was only 65".

C10.JPG C11.JPG C12.JPG

The amp is a Sony STR-DN1080 and is (430x156x331mm) in dimension. It fits but is snug, this along with the Xbox One X and Samsung One Connect box for the TV put out alot of Heat, so I have holes in the bottom of the 2 extensions so the Heat can rise up and come out through the gap in the lowered ceiling where the LED strip lights are, Its not the tidiest but it works.

C13.JPG C14.JPG C15.JPG

Last edited:
Local Contractor made the ceiling from my Design as the Philips LightStrip had a Maximum length of 10 Metres, so made the ceiling 2m Squared and Linked 8 LightStrips together.

View attachment 1152023 View attachment 1152024 View attachment 1152025 View attachment 1152026

View attachment 1152027 View attachment 1152028 View attachment 1152029 View attachment 1152030

Units are 2 x Ikea Besta with Gloss Doors.

View attachment 1152031 View attachment 1152032

Hi mate. Loving the build the vibe. How did you get the Philips light strips wired up for celling/power?

New Socket was installed behind false wall, higher than normal as the lightstip lead wasnt very long. A switch was also added to allow the socket to be turned off and on from the outside easily. (you can get your hand in the cupboard and up the wall but its awkard)

Lightstip power supply was then plugged into the socket and fed up the wall into the false ceiling, just close enough to meet the first Lightstrip.

Hue2.JPG

Hue3.jpg

Looks great, you've got me very interested in demoing the Ci160QR and T series now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom