Grainy Picture?

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by D16GER, Dec 24, 2006.

1. D16GER

D16GER
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys, could anyone possibly help solve a bit of an issue I am having?

I have Sky and Sky+ installed, multiroom. Both boxes are in the lounge.

The picture before the Sky+ installation was great, but since then it has become slightly grainy. More noticable in Sky+.

I am certain it is not a cable issue as I used the very expensive oxygen free cable with solid foam core insulation (can't remember it's name) when installing the whole circuit.

Also, all of the connectors used are good quality, no cheap 'white plastic' tat.:nono:

My connections are as follows...

Aerial and 2 x LNB into Sky+ which is then linked to Sky (including the 3rd LNB), then into DVD Recorder, then VCR and finally onto the TV.

The 2nd RF outlets go straight into the Sky+ combiner for distribution around the house, which goes into a Power Injector and then up into a TVLink T180 Distribution Amp.

Any suggestions as to what might be causing the issues? Could it maybe be too much strength from the standard aerial? Is there a way to check if this is the cause?

Thanks in advance, and Happy Holidays:smashin:

2. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,550
    Is the picture really "grainy" on all TVs or is it pixellation only on some Sky channels you are experiencing?

3. square-eyes-baz

square-eyes-baz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +189
    Sorry to jump in but Im interested in this as well. I feel the PQ has gone a bit- not sure how to describe it, graininess?, picture noise. Only thing I can maybe connect it to is that i moved the tv stand the other day. Could disturbing the Sky aerial leads cause this? All leads and scarts are connected firmly, thanks Baz

4. D16GER

D16GER
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. Definately not pixelisation, the picture is just not sharp enough, thus its a little grainy.

5. Tightfart

Tightfart

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To check if the aerial is causing a problem just disconect it and see what difference it makes.
    I pressume it's just the pictures around the house that are grainy, not on the main telly where the sky box's are.
    If that telly is poor also I would try removing the video and dvd and then see what all the pictures are like.