1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grainy picture

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by geewhizz, Feb 20, 2005.

1. geewhizz

geewhizz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Hi

Will a iscan thingy ?? give me a better picture.
    All i have is composite connections, so do i just plug them in and away we go or is there lots of fiddling and tweeking.
    I see these go for £200 ish in this forum so is that all i need to get better PQ without going all out and changing my setup.
    dvd is fine, xbox is fine, tv is grainy.

I have : ntl cable ( black anologue box ) going to video going to sony davsc5 going to pw7.

Cheers

2. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I've no experience but I'd be surprised if an iScan Pro would be worth the money to process composite signals.

Are you saying you're using composite from a Pace NTL STB to a VCR and then composite to an A/V receiver? I think you'd get a far better picture by thinking about how to connect them differently.

3. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The problem is your NTL box. Analogue is yesterdays news and an iscan won't improve it at all...maybe time to think about getting Sky digital or upgrading to NTL digital.
    If you do upgrade to NTL digital, don't buy a pronto unless you want to spend the rest of your life trying to get the thing to work with NTL!!!