Grainy Picture Samsung R7 32in

gobezza

Standard Member
Please help. just spent £900 on a samsung R7 32in, but have a very grainy pictuer on Sky.

Ive checked all the settings but cant seem to get the pic any better.

Any advice.........

May the force be with you........

Nielo TM

Novice Member
you mean all pixilated and has microblocking. Then its normal. If you want to improve the PQ, buy a Panny DVD recorder and connect Sky to AV2, then connect the recorder to the TV via component.

gobezza

Standard Member
Its like the E4 symbol, for instance is blurred and has a ghost effect. its not just that though its the whole picture.

Really quite upset by it, thought id get a better picture but its not even close to my thomson 28in crt ive just given away.

i have a Denon home cinema kit, can i do the same with that it has component outputs.......

Nielo TM

Novice Member
I'm sorry, SD on a HD panel will always be worse then SD on CRT (SDTV).

Does the Denon has SCART in?

gobezza

Standard Member
there is only 1 scart socket on the back, its a denon dht500sd cinema kit.

if thats the way the picture is then wots the point?

everyone watches tv through sky nowadays, so if thats the picture i have to watch then its goin back to the shop. itsthat rubbish.

would a better scart lead sort it?

Nielo TM

Novice Member
lol, thats SCART out. Connect the cinema system tot he Sammy via component.

The reason why I recommended a DVD recorder is because the recorder will de-interlace the image form sky and send it over progressive component. This will improve the image quality.

Neil Davidson

AVForums Sponsor
Nielo TM said:
The reason why I recommended a DVD recorder is because the recorder will de-interlace the image form sky and send it over progressive component. This will improve the image quality.
I thiink it would be a toss up over which device had the better deinterlacer - remember that Samsung use Genesis parts which include Faroudja deinterlacing technology!

The problem is probably a combination of things including deinterlacing and scaling problems. The Samsung SCART performance is notoriously bad.

On this display the first thinsg to try are stick it in to Movie mode and then drop the sharpness to 0. The image should clear up considerably.

HTH

Neil

PeteD64

Novice Member
How close do you sit to the screen? Less than a couple of metres from a 32" screen & the faults will be more noticeable.

I assume you've set your sky box to output an RGB signal over scart rather than composite (pal)?

tomandjo2

Novice Member
If you haven't already have you tried reducing the sharpness??

and as previously mentioned viewing too close will also makes things worse.

Tom