Grainy/Noisy picture on Panasonic Plasma

Spatha93

Hi. I have a 2013 720p Panasonic Plasma that has developed a noisy/grainy picture the last couple of years. There are what looks like grainy diagonal lines that is more evident on a bright picture, particularly during motion. Is this a sign that the tv is failing? I've tried all sorts of tv settings and the only thing that works is lowering the brightness so it's not as obvious.

Spatha93

It seems i've mostly eliminated the Dithering by lowering the contrast to 60. It's a fair bit dimmer then what i'm used to, but i'll grow accustomed to it. I've recently just started wearing glasses so it's the first time i've noticed this Dithering.

Kapkirk

Post some pics on here, I have a similar TV in the Bedroom so am interested in seeing what you mean. I have a 37 Inch PX70, fantastic telly

Spatha93

Post some pics on here, I have a similar TV in the Bedroom so am interested in seeing what you mean. I have a 37 Inch PX70, fantastic telly
After some research i think it's just normal Plasma Dithering really, though i suspect the Dithering on my set is a bit more pronounced then normal due to it being a cheaper Panasonic set. Regardless, though it's still there, it's much less noticeable then before after lowering the contrast.

mikej

Dithering wouldn't give you diagonal lines though ?

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom