Grains and Pixels

Rookies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do many of you see grains and pixels like blocks on people faces or skin and outline of people ons some channels on sky with 100hz digital plus. That only if you look at it close. But if you set at sitting point let say around 3 m away from tv it all good. Is this normal is that how it all works?

To minimise mine i have set the colour etc setting to a point so i dont see much of it close aswell as sitting away.

Just wonder what others are like.

But it great with DVDs, dvds play lovely so this is why i dont think there a fault with the tv

The blocks you are seeing are completely normal and are due to MPEG compression used in digital TV. The lower the bitrate the broadcaster uses, the worse the quality will be.

That what I though and I am glad it that and not my tv As the tv is very good as I am one of the lucky ones that got one that dont buzz :) Just was hoping it a common thing and not a funny tv as I did not fancy changing it incase the next one buzz LOL

I believe different programs are compress differently different time. Ie I watch ready steady cook Yeah sad aint I lol but one day it pretty good the next day it rubbish so they must compress differently each time

Its not the colour that you should be changing, alter the sharpness. I run my Toshiba at a -40 setting, this improves the appearance and removes grainyness.
If I had it set to 0 or higher + settings its looks daft.

Yeah I know it the sharpness, but if we have the sharpness set too low does it not lose much details of the picture.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom