Graham Slee Voyager

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by a l e x, Feb 8, 2009.

1. a l e x

a l e x
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,651
    Hi, anyone got much of an opinion on these? Have been looking at getting some Senn HD595 Headphones for use with the HiFi as well as an iPod when away from the HiFi... will one of these portable amps be a good addition to the headphone? Also got some Grado SR125s, again, will the voyager add much to the headphones both from the HiFi and on the move?

Thanks.

2. swayne

swayne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Yes to both. The Voyager is a fine amp.

Though you might want to consider purchasing a Line-Out dock for the iPod to bypass the internal amplifier.

Steven.

3. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,601
    Buy the headphones first and then worry about adding an amp later

Sitting in my flat with the GS Novo and RSA Tomahawk amp, I would suggest a home amp will add more to your music than a portable amp, but that much is self-explanatory

http://www.avforums.com/forums/head...hones-should-i-buy-amp-first.html#post8684753

I never take the Tomahawk out because I now prefer to go with the iPod/Clip + ESW9 alone. I don't regret buying the Tomahawk as its now used in a pre-amp~power amp combo with the Novo :p

4. a l e x

a l e x
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,651
    Cheers for the responses. Will be using mainly at home with my existing hifi set up but travelling between places etc am definately interested in a portable amp. Will probably go for the 595s or maybe the 650s now.

swayne... what are your thoughts on the ibasso? I see you've had one but are selling it.

5. swayne

swayne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I think it's a lovely amp but I don't have any use for a portable DAC and want to upgrade to a separate DAC and amp.

I'm now looking at the Ray Samuels Audio P-51 Mustang amp and the Musical Fidelity V-DAC. Take a look at my wishlist for details.

This is an expensive hobby.

Steven.

6. a l e x

a l e x
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,651
    Expensive, definately. Ive got the wadia ipod dock on my list too. Birthday coming up this month so may get lucky!

The iBasso looks like a nice bit of kit, I can't seem to find anywhere to buy them online though and everything on their website is out of stock. If yours becomes no longer "under offer" let me know! ;)

7. swayne

swayne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    The Wadia dock is the reason I want the separate DAC.

He said he'd send me the money via Paypal this week or let me know if he couldn't. Once I know either way I'll update my web page.

Steven.