Grado Prestige Silver v. Gold?

madfiddler

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Quick and simple question(s) for Grado Prestige Silver/Gold users

Is there that much difference between the two? Is the Gold worth the extra cash?

btw, I'm using a Pro-ject Debut III with Cambridge Audio 540 pre-amp.

cheers all

Is the Gold worth the extra cash? Yes.

Is it worth it to you, only you can determine that. The Silver is a good cartridge, far above average and it will get the job done. But, if you can afford it, I think the gold is he best compromise between quality and price.

But then, in the end, only you can determine for sure if it is worth it to you to spend the extra money.

Steve/bluewizard

Thanks very much steve

I know at the end of the day it's my choice and I may not hit on the perfect cartridge for me and my gear first time, but I don't have loads of cash to throw at experimenting... Maybe I will experiment but it will be over a long period I think.

As there is only 20 quid difference between these two I figured I could forgoe some beers and get the gold cart if it was worthwhile!

It's difficult because in write ups it's tricky to work out what the key differrence of the gold cart is when it is from the same production runs of the silver. Stuff like "higher standards" or similar means bugger all of you can't hear it IMO!

Anyway, Having said all that I could still decide on something none grado...not sure!

So if anyone else had any other opinions on th grado carts please speak up!

Cheers
chris

I can certainly vouch for the Gold.

Mike

Thanks very much steve

I know at the end of the day it's my choice and I may not hit on the perfect cartridge for me and my gear first time, but I don't have loads of cash to throw at experimenting... Maybe I will experiment but it will be over a long period I think.

As there is only 20 quid difference between these two I figured I could forgoe some beers and get the gold cart if it was worthwhile!

It's difficult because in write ups it's tricky to work out what the key differrence of the gold cart is when it is from the same production runs of the silver. Stuff like "higher standards" or similar means bugger all of you can't hear it IMO!

Anyway, Having said all that I could still decide on something none grado...not sure!

So if anyone else had any other opinions on th grado carts please speak up!

Cheers
chris

As there is only 20 quid difference between these two I figured I could forgo some beers and get the gold cart if it was worthwhile!
Haven't you just answered your own question? Forgo the beers and get the better cartridge. Even if you can't hear a difference, it was just beer money.

Haven't you just answered your own question? Forgo the beers and get the better cartridge. Even if you can't hear a difference, it was just beer money.

..yeah, but..no but....if its not worth it I want the beer!

:beer::arty::beer::zonked:

..yeah, but..no but....if its not worth it I want the beer
Momentary temporal pleasures - and with only £20, of a limited duration - versus long-term enjoyment? In a few months you won't even think about the glasses you didn't consume. :)

:D

..well anyway, I know there are many decent carts I coudl go for in the end I think I am going to go for ahigh output MC cart and get the Denon DL110

cheers for the opinions everyone

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom