1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gradius V

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by CAS FAN, Jul 31, 2004.

1. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
    Just got this on the PS2 (only currently available on import) and I have to say it's absolutely fantastic!

The graphics are fantastic with amazing 3D backdrops as is the sound with constant naration, some great explosive sound effects and a wonderful music score.

The gameplay is as frantic and hard as the other games in the series, with normal level providing a tough challenge! The enemy attack patterns are really well thought out and keep you constantly on the move.

All in all one of the best side scrollers i've ever played and is a more than worthy successor to the Gradius series! Well done to KCET yet again for another amazing PS2 release!

2. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,108
    Yeah I saw some reviews of this and will most probably pick it up when it comes out on PAL.

Treasure really know how to make a shooter :)

3. CMcK

CMcK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Gradius V is fantastic. It's exactly the game you imagined Treasure would make when they were handed the Gradius franchise.
    Just awesome. Tight gameplay and excellent visuals.

Game Of The Year so far. Probably only Halo 2 and the english language version of Taiko No Tatsujin will top this.

4. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
    Fully agree CMcK - it's awsome! Amazon have the PAL release down as 24th Sept - this game deserves to fly off the shelves.

As CMcK says - it's the best game this year so far IMO!!

5. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,108
    Sounds good, I loved Ikaruga, although I really have to be in the mood to play it as it so difficult it hurts my brain!

I wish that Treasure would bring out another humorous shooter like Gunstar heroes which is a bit easier on the brain :)

6. womble9

womble9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    gthom3, do you mind me asking where you got hold of your copy as both V.G.I and City Cyber who I normally use for my import gear are out of stock at the moment (guess I should've pre-ordered it). I love ALL of the Gradius games (got loads of different ones across many formats including 1,2 and 3 on an old MSX, great gameplay :) ). Also been a big fan of Treasure games for a good while (got Radient Silvergun on release :) ) so the this sounds like a game made in heaven to me !!.

7. womble9

womble9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    You could be in luck if you've got a GBA as they're doing a version for it (not sure if it's a re release or a new version though).

8. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
    Womble9 - I bagged mine from Play-Asia - to be honest I get most of my import stuff from there as they are customs friendly :) and deliver in good time (usually get the game around 5 days after order). I think it's about £35 with postage added.

9. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
  10. womble9

womble9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    gthom3 your last post was the one that broke the camels back as such :) . Having read the thread on VGIs forums and having you raving on about it too I went along to the Play Asia site and ordered it along with a few other bits and pieces, it's quite a good site with some very keen pricing on it too, God I can't wiat for this game to come get delivered, thanks for the link etc :thumbsup:

11. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,938
    No probs womble9! Enjoy the game when it arrives! Play-Asia are a good site and they have some decent weekly offers (so i'd sign up for their newsletter!) I got FFX the other week for a little over a tenner!