Gracemote registration problems on sonicstage 3.1

lammy

Standard Member
is anyone else having problems when inserting an album on sonicstage 3.1 and info dont come telling me to register with gracenote then i click yes. then nothing happens help!!!!!

lammy

Standard Member
miffty said:
Yep me too - just been re-installing software after my laptop died on me at the weekend and chucked sonic stage 3.3 on and got the same problem. Uninstalled and put put v 2.3 on that came with my HD3 thinking there might be a problem with 3.3. Still same problem - anybody any clues? Mind you just checked Gracenote web site and it doesn't list sonic stage under the software powered by gracenote unless I've gone blind (possible at my age :)
no response in another thread so i thought peps would help us out

vtah236

Standard Member
I've had this problem. It started when I began using other CD rippers like CDex and Audiograbber, which also grab CD details off a (the same?) database.

B

Beethovenian

I've had this problem as well, and I think it was related to an internet connection issue. Did you install any program that could have altered your network parameters? Can you open the Connect page using SonicStage? My belief is that somehow SonicStage is unable to make a proper connection. You can try just to reboot your computer or, if that doesn't work, use the system restore to go back a little in time. One of the two things worked for me.

lammy

Standard Member
Beethovenian said:
I've had this problem as well, and I think it was related to an internet connection issue. Did you install any program that could have altered your network parameters? Can you open the Connect page using SonicStage? My belief is that somehow SonicStage is unable to make a proper connection. You can try just to reboot your computer or, if that doesn't work, use the system restore to go back a little in time. One of the two things worked for me.
Erm.. i took zonelabs off my computer, so that may have effected it. i will try that soon and tell ya if it made any difference. i can open the connect with my sonicstage.

D

dinesh.jadav

I had the same problem - I had posted the solution - but it seems to have been sometime ago: Here it is again - with help from Sony.

To try and resolve the problem you are experiencing with the Sonic Stage
software please can you do the following.

Disconnect all USB devices from your computer with the exception of
the keyboard and mouse, if these are USB.

* Click on the [Start] button and go to [Run]. In the dialog box type
MSCONFIG and click on [Ok].

* Click on the [Startup] tab .

* Click on the [Disable All] button. Click on the [Apply] and [Close]
buttons.

* Click on [Restart] .

* When Windows restarts a [System Configuration Utility] warning
window will appear. Click on the [Ok] button. Close the [System
Configuration Utility].

* Re-install the Sonic Stage software over the top of the existing
installation.

* After the installation has completed, click on the [Start] button
and go to [Run]. In the dialog box type MSCONFIG and click on [OK].

* Click on the [Startup] tab.

* Enable the programs you disabled in an earlier step by placing ticks
in the boxes next to them.

* Click on the [Apply] and [Close] buttons.

* Restart your computer.

If the same problem occurs then please can you do the following and advise
accordingly;

* Insert the Sonic Stage CD into your CD/DVD drive. Hold down the
[Shift] key to stop it from auto-starting.
* Double click on the [My Computer] icon.
* Right click on your CD/DVD drive and select [Explore].
* Double click on the [Common] folder.
* Double click on the [OpenMG] folder.
* Double click on the [Setup.exe] file. Follow any onscreen prompts.
* Please can you let us know whether you receive any error messages during the installation process.
* Close the [Explorer] window

If you have any queries please let us know.

M

miffty

Thanks for the suggestions Beethovenian but as far as I know I've not done anything to upset the network settingss (all internet access is fince) and I CAN connect to Connect (tortology?) like lammy. Dinesh I tried all that stuff Sony suggested (I'd found it in your earlier post) and the first part didn't work and the second part didn't give any errors :confused: . I'm about to dig out my original SS 1.5 disk from my MD days and install that as I know it worked then and if that works maybe upgrade from there? Failing that I guess it's back to Sony again!

D

dinesh.jadav

If it is of any help, this is the e-mail address I used to raise the issue with Sony in the first place. They were pretty quick to respond. Hope they can sort out the problem cause i know how frustrating it can be

[email protected]

M

miffty

Cheers Dinesh - I'll give them a go and let you know what happens!

M

miffty

Dinesh - humble apologies for the delay :-(
My laptop died AGAIN and since it's a work one it's been a while before getting a new one but once everything was installed from scratch all was fine and it registered with no problems. Maybe it's registry thing? Anyway off to re-record all my CDs again as my Sonicstage backup seems to be corrupt as well - one thing after another!!!

Trending threads

Top Bottom