Grabbing a 3DS XL tomorrow, does it not come with a charger?

nero0410

Distinguished Member
I read somewhere that this version doesn't come with a charger, is this true?

If so, how on earth do you charge it?

It just doesn't make any sense to me that it shouldn't as how on earth do they expect us to be able to use it without.

Cheers

tris

lpoolm

You are right, no charger.!

I think they expected people to upgrade from the 3ds so would have a charger.

Some shops will sell bundles so it will include a charger but if nothing is mentioned you will not be getting one.

Depends where you buy on if they sell chargers separate, Game would sell them not sure on other shops though.

nero0410

Distinguished Member
That's a bit naughty then, obviously some people such as myself want to trade in the 3DS, and with that they'll want the charger as it came with it.

On the other hand, some my be buying the 3DS XL for the first time, therefore wont have a charger in the first place, making the 3DS XL not fit for purpose since there is no way to charge it.

Well, when I trade this one in, I'll be getting a free charger one way or another without them giving me less for the one I'm trading in. You mark my words :)

tris

hippo99

Distinguished Member
That's a bit naughty then, obviously some people such as myself want to trade in the 3DS, and with that they'll want the charger as it came with it.

On the other hand, some my be buying the 3DS XL for the first time, therefore wont have a charger in the first place, making the 3DS XL not fit for purpose since there is no way to charge it.

Well, when I trade this one in, I'll be getting a free charger one way or another without them giving me less for the one I'm trading in. You mark my words :)

tris
Chargers aren't that expensive- £6.99 from Amazon Nintendo Power Adapter (Nintendo 3DS): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

If Nintendo HAD added a charger with the 3DS XL, they would've increased the RRP of the 3DS XL by a tenner, so you would've had to 'pay' for it whether they bundled it in or not.
Any included accessories are always factored into the rrp eg the Xbox one doesn't come with a 'free' Kinect.

nero0410

Distinguished Member
Chargers aren't that expensive- £6.99 from Amazon Nintendo Power Adapter (Nintendo 3DS): Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

If Nintendo HAD added a charger with the 3DS XL, they would've increased the RRP of the 3DS XL by a tenner, so you would've had to 'pay' for it whether they bundled it in or not.
Any included accessories are always factored into the rrp eg the Xbox one doesn't come with a 'free' Kinect.
Game had their own branded one down there for £2.00, so I couldn't complain :)

Ended up with a Zelda one, and bought Fire Emblem. Wanted Brave Default naturally being a Square fan, but they didn't have it in stock.

All's well that ends well I guess :)

tris

Zzebedee

It's just ridiculous that they don't come with one. I understand the economics of it being left outbut it's still absurd that an electronic item isn't useable for more than a few hours (assuming it comes fully charged) out of the box.
I wonder how many kids were disappointed on Christmas day when theirs ran out and couldn't be used until parents could get to a Game.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom